Toiletries Pack for travelling - what do you use?

This thread has been very helpful.
I'm travelling to Sydney for a work conference next month and have found my old single compartment bag has developed a rather large hole.
I love the military style hanging kits - found a 'Windsor' branded one at the town Pharmacy for $18.95 but didn't pick it up as I thought it might be had for cheaper online. Think I'll go back and nab it before someone else does.

This is what I use - but then again I try to travel light with just carry on (and a cart for travel)

Usually take items that I wouldn't mind loosing. Most items are packed in plastic tooth brush holders or large plastic prescription bottles.
Feather straight edge clone; Proguard blades, tube of shaving cream; Bestshave brush; tooth brush; tooth paste; ~10$ Chinese made manicure kit; needle and thread.
If stolen or left at the hotel annoyed but not for long.

Well my travel kit is high risk. My hanging bag is replete with Weber PH (can't be without it), assorted blades, Speick soap, deo, AS lotion & EdT, styptic & Weleda moisturiser. Some of my favourite things if that checked luggage goes astray.

My travel bag:
mC-DZeYyyq8_wp4DahRxsQQ.jpg

normally free at Darwin airport.

I am always travelling, so my shaving gear is based around travelling first and foremost. My toiletry bag is my shave den.

If you are flying a lot Monsta weight and size may be a concern, otherwise not. Either way when you travel you cart everything you take and the 'couldn't do without' items often end up more trouble than help.

An excellent website for anyone travelling is http://www.onebag.com

That said, this is my kit, which might be bigger than average but it's everything.

IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2227.JPG

Maybe these are some good options.

Eagle Creek make good gear, $20, free shipping and fast (Don't get their super light weight bag as it's too floppy and becomes a pain to get anything out of)

https://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/detail/eagle-creek-quicktrip-wetpack-black-41082/

The best end of town is no doubt Tom Bihn. The Kit is a bit smaller, and more expensive. You will use it, then your children after you, and your children's children.

http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0960.html

Happy shopping!

(Afore mentioned Eagle Creek light weight floppy bag is free to a good home if anyone is interested, I don't use it as I didn't get on with it)

a cream sample in return would be awesome :)

The best end of town is no doubt Tom Bihn. The Kit is a bit smaller, and more expensive. You will use it, then your children after you, and your children's children.

http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0960.html

Happy shopping!

ANOTHER TOM BIHN FAN!!!!!!!!

Clearly a man of discernment and taste :)

I'm just back from two nights in Perth with my Tri-Star but my usual day trips are with my Cadet. When I go away for a week I take both and have plenty of room!

Fantastic bags, well thought out and constructed. Use their packing cubes and an Eagle Creek Packing Folder.

But don't get me started #packingnerd ...

(about to go hunting for travel pants to save me taking jeans on these trips for a casual alternative after hours)

Mark good man!! I live out of my Tri-Star. I actually do live out of it. And also employ the able services of an Eagle Creek packing folder.

Surely there is a few hundred trophy points for this? They are without equal in construction and design. Takes "functional" to another level. Reality actually, instead of marketing.

As for your duds take a gander at these

http://www.rbsellars.com.au/shop/mens-d1/jeans-trousers-c3/mclellan-summer-trouser-regular-leg-p150

light, flexible, dry fast. It's good to travel. It's also good to turn up and not look like you've come to mow their lawns for them.

User grade edit. Not a moderator "collector" grade. Still delivers a fine point but cosmetically 5/10

:)

If you want to see a rabid forum go to the Tom Bihn forum - it is INSANE! Makes YKW look sensible. The Bihnites are a breed apart...

Mark good man!! I live out of my Tri-Star. I actually do live out of it. And also employ the able services of an Eagle Creek packing folder.

Surely there is a few hundred trophy points for this? They are without equal in construction and design. Takes "functional" to another level. Reality actually, instead of marketing.

I tend to use my Cadet more because I do day trip but you are right about the design quality. The little slide out feature for my laptop in its neoprene sleeve makes going through security a breeze!

As for your duds take a gander at these

http://www.rbsellars.com.au/shop/mens-d1/jeans-trousers-c3/mclellan-summer-trouser-regular-leg-p150

light, flexible, dry fast. It's good to travel. It's also good to turn up and not look like you've come to mow their lawns for them.

Thanks - they look pretty good.

I'm looking for something to wear apart from the suit I take in the evenings when going out casually. Currently I tend to take my R M Williams jeans but they are bulky. I've been around some of the travel site and noticed these being recommended. Meant to be pretty good but not cheap. These jeans are meant to be good too. I think I like the ones you suggested better though!

EDIT: They have a shop in MEL and I'm there for a meeting on Thursday - will pop in and check them out :)

Last edited:
I've been around some of the travel site and noticed these being recommended. Meant to be pretty good but not cheap.

EDIT: They have a shop in MEL and I'm there for a meeting on Thursday - will pop in and check them out :)

Those bluff pants look nice
100% polyester though

+ wrinkle free, which natural fibres can't match
- still feels like plastic bags, and gets a stink up that natural fibres can't match

I've seen that forum, one lady has every bag they make, and posts 2 page answers to everyones one line question.

fanatic (fəˈnætɪk)
n
1. a person whose enthusiasm or zeal for something is extreme or beyond normal limits
2. a person devoted to a particular hobby or pastime; fan: a jazz fanatic.

Say, are there any ARKO!!!! fanatics here?