Treet

TobyC

I think I've got all the handle colors, has anyone seen something else?

The one on the right is brown, the light makes it look funny.

100_3074-jpg.95904

100_3077-jpg.95905

I think I've got all the handle colors, has anyone seen something else?

The one on the right is brown, the light makes it look funny.

100_3074-jpg.95904

100_3077-jpg.95905

Nice BUT ...

"Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving ..."

Will agree on the brass razors, admit I'm SOFT using contemporary artisan soaps but vintage butterscotch badger brushes ARE traditional wet shaving too ...

Nice BUT ...

"Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving ..."

Will agree on the brass razors, admit I'm SOFT using contemporary artisan soaps but vintage butterscotch badger brushes ARE traditional wet shaving too ...
True, but the farther back you go, the more boar you see, and if you want to get picky, straight razors were steel, very good steel.

True, but the farther back you go, the more boar you see, and if you want to get picky, straight razors were steel, very good steel.

I’ve got some pretty old badgers but you have for me thinking about the brushes in the old Gillette sets. Never looked at them closely - I wonder if badger or boar ?

I would presume that badger was the superior product even back then

I’ve got some pretty old badgers but you have for me thinking about the brushes in the old Gillette sets. Never looked at them closely - I wonder if badger or boar ?

I would presume that badger was the superior product even back then
I think the little Gillette branded ones were boar that were dyed to look like badger.

Go back farther.

Not mine.

s-l1600.jpg

Mine.

100_2823-jpg.91360

100_2921-jpg.91361

Great stuff @TobyC!

I confess that I'd not thought about the brushes in my old sets that much. I knew that they used all sorts of fibres, at least until the anthrax scares that prompted all the 'sterilised' and 'pure' markings on the brushes. You may be right - but I'm STILL going to claim vintage badger rock :)

Great stuff @TobyC!

I confess that I'd not thought about the brushes in my old sets that much. I knew that they used all sorts of fibres, at least until the anthrax scares that prompted all the 'sterilised' and 'pure' markings on the brushes. You may be right - but I'm STILL going to claim vintage badger rock :)
And rightly so! (y)

My "signature" was created in jest on another forum because so many were buying only the latest SS razors and synthetic brushes. It's a lighthearted statement, not a hardass position. ;)