Tried out my new Proraso White

I just gave away to my dad today for his birthday my first tub of shave soap, slightly used Proraso white. (and a new brush of course) (and a slightly used King C Gillette razor) (and some new Rockwell blades). See a pattern here?;)
I literally just gave away my King C, lightly used Proraso Green, brush and blades to a friend today as well. You know what they say about the first hit being free ;)

Hmm, I didnt think it might be a reaction to Lanolin. I thought the whole point of the lanolin was to reduce irritation and give a smoother shave.
Comparing the ingredients list of both, my suspicion is that the Tetrasodium EDTA in the MWF is causing your irritation. It's a preservative that's well known to irritate. Actually the most common cause of irritation in skincare are preservatives.

Comparing the ingredients list of both, my suspicion is that the Tetrasodium EDTA in the MWF is causing your irritation. It's a preservative that's well known to irritate. Actually the most common cause of irritation in skincare are preservatives.

Your suspicion is on the mark. I have had issues over the years with TOBS creams that all except the two newer releases have the common Tetrasodium EDTA preservative added.

Hmm, good to know, i will have to keep an eye out for it in the future, thanks.