Trip report

Ozwhisker

Like @Mark1966, I went to Europe for the xmas break but while he was in Vienna, I was in Berlin and then vice versa. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but apart from the usual suspects in London, I had little luck in finding shaving shops in Berlin, Vienna or multiple cities in Spain. When I visited TOBS it was just before Xmas. There were boxes all over the floor and the staff were busy stocking the shelves. I suppose they get plenty of tyre kickers, but no-one asked if I needed help. When I saw a razor I did not recognise (£430) I asked a female employee what it was. She didn't know and kept tidying up. D.R. Harris had a very small amount of stock on display.

I had more luck with a shaving shop in Berlin that is both brick & mortar and online (here). The site is currently in German but the owner told me it would also be in English by March. He sells internationally, including to Australia. He had an interesting range at I believe to be reasonable prices. He was happy for me to take some snaps, shown below. I think he carries slightly more product than Kevy shaves. ;)

Picture-1.jpg

Picture-3.jpg

Picture-4.jpg

Picture-6.jpg

Picture-7.jpg

Picture-8.jpg

Picture-9.jpg

Picture-10.jpg

WOW!

I'm going back to Europe in March for work - should I make a sidetrip to Berlin again?

This was less than a couple of kms from where I was staying!!!

Like @Mark1966, I went to Europe for the xmas break but while he was in Vienna, I was in Berlin and then vice versa. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but apart from the usual suspects in London, I had little luck in finding shaving shops in Berlin, Vienna or multiple cities in Spain. When I visited TOBS it was just before Xmas. There were boxes all over the floor and the staff were busy stocking the shelves. I suppose they get plenty of tyre kickers, but no-one asked if I needed help. When I saw a razor I did not recognise (£430) I asked a female employee what it was. She didn't know and kept tidying up. D.R. Harris had a very small amount of stock on display.

I had more luck with a shaving shop in Berlin that is both brick & mortar and online (here). The site is currently in German but the owner told me it would also be in English by March. He sells internationally, including to Australia. He had an interesting range at I believe to be reasonable prices. He was happy for me to take some snaps, shown below. I think he carries slightly more product than Kevy shaves. ;)

Picture-1.jpg

Picture-3.jpg

Picture-4.jpg

Picture-6.jpg

Picture-7.jpg

Picture-8.jpg

Picture-9.jpg

Picture-10.jpg

Shame you didn't contact me, I grew up in Vienna (and was there over the new year period) and could have told you about some stores including of course the famous Esbjerg and the Haslinger factory.

Having said that Christmas is (after August) probably the worst time of the year to go shopping in these parts of the world. A lot of public holidays and many smaller places close down and go on holidays themselves.