Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

I don't know if your a Boar man, but I can highly recommend his boar knot brushes (3 to date) and the one's on the Fathers Day sale are no exception (having just got one for my son) the morning the sale started. I also have 1 two band Finest (sorry @Nanook) and another one in ''progress'' (y) (y)
I was a Boar lad for the longest time Les. But somewhere down the line I went back to synth brushes. The Only two Boar I still have is an Unbleached Zenith and the Errol Custom Brush which he made for me. The latter is the only one I use as I cherish that dearly, the zenith gets used once in awhile.

Unfortunately I have been to Badger farms in China courtesy of a Vegan friend who killed it for me. Much as they are considered the Holy Grail of Shaving Brushes, I would never use one, not even a Thater or a Plisson.

Synth works well for me nowadays as hey are guilt free, very easy to maintain and amazing for slightly sensitive skin which I have. The two best Synth Brushes I have are the AP Shave Co G5C knot and the Frank Shaving Pur Tec. Both amazing performers with very different character and personality.

I'm defy getting a Synth from Troy.

Unfortunately I have been to Badger farms in China courtesy of a Vegan friend who killed it for me.
Your vegan friend killed a badger for you? Sounds like a man of high principle. :unsure:

Agreed though, synthetics are at the apex of my little collection, especially the AP Shave Co G5C fans mounted nice and high in TroyCraft handles.

Your vegan friend killed a badger for you? Sounds like a man of high principle. :unsure:

Agreed though, synthetics are at the apex of my little collection, especially the AP Shave Co G5C fans mounted nice and high in TroyCraft handles.
Badgers are classified as pests in China so they have no qualms about treating them harshly.

Bro, you just made me fall off my chair. Ha ha ha ha ha. Was just saying he killed my interest in ever acquiring a Badger by taking me to the farms where they are reared for their Hair. It's ironical how while the Badger has to lose its life for the hair to be acquired, the Horse lives on with just a portion of the hair from the mane or tail being cut. Having said that, Horse hair brushes suck for me. I've only used one in the past and got rid of it soon as I could.

The AP G5C rocks and yeah in Troy's amazing handles that is a perfect Brush alright. I still think your Vazon Forest Brush is one of the Best I have ever seen.

Badgers are classified as pests in China so they have no qualms about treating them harshly.
Actually only in the past, they are no longer considered pests but a source of Income for Brush manufacturers and employment for the guys that run the farms and extract the hair etc. I have nothing against Badger Brushes or the fact that the Badgers have to go for the purpose of the hair, it's just the way they are treated before their final destination, the manner in which they are kept in captivity etc.

To me everyone including an Animal or a Bird deserves to go with Dignity, its just right. In Japan they even pay respect and express gratitude to the Fish specially the Blue Fin Tuna before eating it. Don't think I've ever done that.:)

Picture please buddy.
x29ex2n.jpeg

Borrowed heavily (ok, pretty much a direct copy, so I hope he doesn't mind 😀), from @LesC Gold N Jar handle, Troy was kind enough to make another for me. This one has a plissoft knot. I'll post it up as a Shave of the day pic once it arrives.

I have absolutely no idea what to call this one, but Gold Dust comes to mind as I'm a big fan of the WWE. But I think it will be Golden Brown after The Stranglers song from 1982.

29pi00F.jpeg

Borrowed heavily (ok, pretty much a direct copy, so I hope he doesn't mind 😀), from @LesC Gold N Jar handle, Troy was kind enough to make another for me. This one has a plissoft knot. I'll post it up as a Shave of the day pic once it arrives.

I have absolutely no idea what to call this one, but Gold Dust comes to mind as I'm a big fan of the WWE. But I think it will be Golden Brown after The Stranglers song from 1982.

29pi00F.jpeg
Beautiful blue chubby and now this one?
Are you kidding me?
I love both❤️

29pi00F.jpeg
Stunning..another Troy Materpiece

Chubbys are gorgeous! 😵 :love:
Troy created he Brown / Gold one on the very right for another member of these forums. My missus loves bees so I asked Troy to create the pink brush for her that you see 4th from the left using the gold chubby as inspiration. Not long after, the chubby came up for sale so I bought it for myself.

You can't see it in this pic, but the purple brush in the middle is a chameleon and turns green in a certain light which is absolutely stunning.