Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

Awesome that you have a Z Unbleached. Get a Blondie Mate, really nice Brush. You know the funny thing about Omega Brushes, I had four from the cheapest S brush to the more ex ones but the the best was the small S Brush I bought for 6 dollars in Sing, over a year it broke in beautifully. Gave all my Boar away except for the ECB.

Nowadays I veer more towards synthetics.
Yeah the Z unbleached is a great brush, it’s quickly becoming one of my faves. Wow, these Blondies are cheap, worth giving that a crack too! I see where you’re coming from with the Omegas the first one I got as part of a pack is just one of the basic cheap ones & I find I enjoy it quite a lot.

I’m not sure I’ve quite found the right technique for synthetics, find I get better lathers from badgers & boars.

Those knots don't take long to bed in either.

Soak the knot for 24 hours, then rub the bristles against a towel. Do this another 2 times and they are pretty much good to go.
Thanks for the bedding info @Nanook! Just confirming this is 3 separate soaks followed by rubbing bristles against a towel? There’s no time to let dry in between?

Thanks for the bedding info @Nanook! Just confirming this is 3 separate soaks followed by rubbing bristles against a towel? There’s no time to let dry in between?
Yep, soak the knot for 24 hours, take out of the water and rub it briskly on a towel for a few minutes. Put it back into the water and leave for another 24 hours before doing it again. Repeat this 3 or 4 times.

Basically, what you are doing is splitting the ends of each bristle. This is what makes them soft and leaves the lather on your face when soaping up.

Yep, soak the knot for 24 hours, take out of the water and rub it briskly on a towel for a few minutes. Put it back into the water and leave for another 24 hours before doing it again. Repeat this 3 or 4 times.

Basically, what you are doing is splitting the ends of each bristle. This is what makes them soft and leaves the lather on your face when soaping up.
Perfect, thank you @Nanook will try this when I get my new brush!

Those knots don't take long to bed in either.

Soak the knot for 24 hours, then rub the bristles against a towel. Do this another 2 times and they are pretty much good to go.
Agree but my method was even simpler.
I palmlathered for a few minutes(mostly to wash it properly) dried out on the towel and then used straight to shave my head😂. It was not “super badger” soft but not bad at all. Than I started normally using it. For me this brush (monster 28mm boar knot) doesn’t really need breaking in and it is just getting softer every time I use it👍🏻