U.S. Postal Service suspends deliveries to Australia

Great reminder that we are on the other side of the world and a long way from anywhere ...

If only there was an auction coming up where a wet shaver could get fantastic supplies but also help a great cause but where could one find such an auction?

If only there was an auction coming up where a wet shaver could get fantastic supplies but also help a great cause but where could one find such an auction?

You mean one that might be -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October
(unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies?

Fak. I just ordered some stuffs from WCS and Top of the Chain a little while ago. Hopefully got in before this suspension.

Fak. I just ordered some stuffs from WCS and Top of the Chain a little while ago. Hopefully got in before this suspension.

Well while you are waiting to find out if they are even coming or being returned to sender and cancelled, start preparing for the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October
(unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Start checking out the lots as we release them here.

I have a load sitting with Planet Express have emailed customer service to see if it will be affected

It seems from what I've read elsewhere that they suspended First Class Package International Service (as of 3 September 2021) and Priority Mail International (as of 17 September 2021) but it is now even more. See the details below from their website here.

5M3lDPTl.png

Last edited:
A order of mine from Maggard , which I had placed early September, arrived today, through Asendia.

You mean one that might be -

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies?
Wow! How fortunate is that guys.

Of course , there will be no such delays ...

... with the postage of the items you win in the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26+ sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

[Delivery times not actually guaranteed of course]

Things can still get worse.

From Royal Mail website.
Start date: 12 March 2020
Latest Update: 1 October 2021
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus
Original Incident
Australian Post has informed us that it has suspended signature on delivery for inbound items effective immediately. Delivery will be conducted via limited face-to-face methods to reduce the risk of the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) by avoiding human contact.
Latest Update
Australian Post has updated that a further COVID case has been detected at the Melbourne Office of Exchange overnight. Mail operation is currently disrupted due to the measures imposed by the government to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As a result, operations for all inbound mail via Melbourne during this period will be affected, while the Offices of Exchange in Brisbane and Sydney continue to process mail items at this time, subject to previously announced COVID restrictions.

From Auspost website
Delays to international items in some states

1 October 2021
Inbound and outbound international deliveries in Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia may be delayed due to recent COVID-19 disruption at Australia Post’s Melbourne Gateway facility. We’re working to move items as quickly as possible and apologise for the inconvenience.

The difference in language lol.

Could also be the lack of commercial flights and suspension of services to Australia.

There are still flights - and you can fit a hell of a lot on a Dreamliner that is only carrying around 100 pax max, and only their luggage. You can fit even more on a B77W. The rest of the plane can be filled with cargo, and at the rates they can charge for it right now, it makes the flights profitable. They are just jacking the prices on pax because they can due to scarcity of quarrantine slots.

The contractual rates are for a set amount and rate for mail. Usually it is maybe 20% in terms of USPS/United, and 15% on AusPost/QANTAS. The rest of the MTOW is dedicated to freight. They will carry more mail if there is capacity - both cubic and weight - to take it. In current cases if they cannot get the freight, they would go without it and reduce fuel load.

If they are dropping mail, it is because the destination is not accepting. In this case, AusPost has not got the capacity to move it due to domestic packages.

NZ is now also offline for the US, as they get their trans-tasman'ed from Sydney.