Vaping

What we going to discuss? these new laws kicking in from 1st of July?

All it's going to mean is that my bottles of Nic salt will be shipped through as "shampoo" or "conditioner"

Government still cannot figure out how to tax vaping. So they have given up and decided to try and ban it. What a joke.

Seriously though, do you guys trust what the ingredients are and the quality of the product if not regulated.

Seriously though, do you guys trust what the ingredients are and the quality of the product if not regulated.

I only purchase my vape gear from my trusted suppliers in New Zealand, where they have regulations and codes of practice for the sale of nicotine based vaping products.
Most of the hype is all BS because certain governments haven't figured out a effective taxing structure due to how new the vaping industry is.

You think the ingredients in cigarettes are safe ? Yet the government allows sales of cigarettes and other nicotine based products as it has not figured out how to tax these products effectively for them so it's profitable. Same will happen to vaping one day.

The cigarette and tobacco smoking community is about to be hit with another 12.5% price increase from September 1st. This will ensure NZ will have a hard time beating Australia as the most expensive place in the world to buy tobacco by products.

Not trying to pick a fight or mock smokers. You can do what you want in your own home.
Most of the hype is all BS
Are you referring to taxing and regulation or the safety of the product. EVALI is a serious complication of vaping. The vaping industry is new and growing due to newer technologies and products. There is going to be hurdles and mistakes along the way.
Asbestos is an awesome product until we learnt that these types of silicates killed us slowly.

You think the ingredients in cigarettes are safe ? Yet the government allows sales of cigarettes and other nicotine based products as it has not figured out how to tax these products
As you know, inhaling most burnt (super heated) things aren't safe. The ingredients added and the raw material in cigarettes is proven to be unsafe hence the ridiculous tax applied to them so to discourage its use. All cigarettes and tobacco related products are taxed bar vaping liquids & solids containing nicotine (at this stage). Once in place, well yes it will become quite expensive to vape in Australia through legal retail channels. The health system in Australia in dollar terms is burdened with smoke related diseases , disfigurement and disabilities. The next self induced injury or disease cost to the tax payer is alcohol related. Hence why my wine is taxed at ~30% and it had a little increase earlier this year. Also let's not argue that all these taxes do not get back to the health system.
Frankly all drugs should be legal and regulated to maintain our public and citizen's health. Though this is off topic and another thread entirely.

Let's talk regulation, firstly it is there to control and protect the community (in this case). However importers and manufactures don't always adhere to what they promise, hence rules are needed to be applied and enforced.
It is for your benefit that these products are regulated so you know what you are ingesting is safe or how unsafe they are. Petrol is very unsafe and dangerous yet we know it and have rules on transporting, using, storing, manufacturing and procedures in place if you have contact or poisoned with it. Regulation can be a burden and saviour. Getting the balance is important.