Viking blade (store)

sealer

A fellow from a spanish shaving group has just asked me about tis store:
https://vikingsblade.com/

I never heard of it, never saw AFAIK their products around. It looks more like a rebranding store? Did you have any experience, knowledge of them?

For what he told me, it looks a really complex way for buying, like opening an account in another company, then sell it to USA, and then buy back through amazon. Pretty weird I reckon....

cheers
Fer

Formerly known as Julian Vue, Vikings Blade is a small family boutique headquartered in Australia, known for creating the legendary Chieftain safety razor in 2015 and the Godfather razor in 2016. Improved upon classic designs, most of our shaving products are patented and exclusively made from high end materials imported from Europe. Supreme in-house quality control and close, smooth, manly, BBS shaves are what Vikings Blades is known for.
END QUOTE
As the "legendary" Chieftain safety razor was created in 2015, it went from zero to hero in 3 years (n)(n)(n) .

Found this answer to a question relating to the Vikings Blade "Godfather" razor:
For this particular model: The assembly workshop and QC is in Victoria, Australia; the steel mill that forges the parts is in PRC with Australian management and supervisors, and the razor blades are imported from Sweden.
END QUOTE

Last edited:
Where does @pvsamson 's find above leave this " ..... most of our shaving products are patented and exclusively made from high end materials imported from Europe. ....."

As it does not state to where the "high end materials" are imported to, one is left with the impression of Australia.

Last edited:
They claim that they originally were an "underground" company trading through another name,that they were approached by another company to bring them online and which eventually took over,that they are the original designers and had Baili produce the razors for them,then Baili broke the mold,then they figured everything out with Baili and started manufacturing under the Viking brand name after remold.Then Baili copied the designs and started selling the same types of razor,yet Viking managed to use the broken mold to build another and recommence producing the original design razors But the Vikings are better because they are heavier,and they were the top Amazon best seller for a few years.
Also....It seems that this "leading Australian high-end grooming family boutique" are sometime this year,releasing a TTO adjustable.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...usader-adjustable-safety-razor-300662391.html

They claim that they originally were an "underground" company trading through another name,that they were approached by another company to bring them online and which eventually took over,that they are the original designers and had Baili produce the razors for them,then Baili broke the mold,then they figured everything out with Baili and started manufacturing under the Viking brand name after remold.Then Baili copied the designs and started selling the same types of razor,yet Viking managed to use the broken mold to build another and recommence producing the original design razors But the Vikings are better because they are heavier,and they were the top Amazon best seller for a few years.
Also....It seems that this "leading Australian high-end grooming family boutique" are sometime this year,releasing a TTO adjustable.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...usader-adjustable-safety-razor-300662391.html
:confused:

Interesting. I emailed them a while ago and they claimed that Baili was their old partner who created a "spinoff" based on the Chieftain.
I'm getting a family member from the US to send me their Chieftain and the new Crusader. For comparison I will be getting a Baili "spinoff" as well. We'll see if they're the real deal or just fluff.

Interesting. I emailed them a while ago and they claimed that Baili was their old partner who created a "spinoff" based on the Chieftain.
I'm getting a family member from the US to send me their Chieftain and the new Crusader. For comparison I will be getting a Baili "spinoff" as well. We'll see if they're the real deal or just fluff.
I received a Baili BD 191 a few weeks back and it is a decent,cheap,razor.Head is very similar to a Tech,the handle can be a little slippery when wet but the grooves at the top provide good grip,though I like to hold a bit lower and just keep my fingers dry.
No matter what story the dude at Viking spins,the razors sold are Baili rebranded.

I thought so. Didn't really believe it when he insisted that their razors are heavier and shave differently.
A part of me just wanted to confirm my suspicion. When the razors arrive I will weigh them and do a side by side comparison.