Vinyl

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I have enjoyed picking up vinyl records, new and old for a while now-
Everything from the hunt of a sort after LP through to those happy finds at a thrift shops, any of you guys into vinyl?

As a 90s rave music enthusiast, I've a few, with a smattering of other genres as well, such as Joy Division.

I apparently the cliche but I love the wild impracticality of the format and the blend of media and user involvement to give a richer more valued experience-
My most recent pick up is
MxAcnObl.jpg
Some members may remember this album :)

Indeed, that is why I grabbed Joy Division on vinyl, it creates a different aural experience for whatever reason.

I’ve been on a Bowie kick lately;
Hunky dory
Young American
Scary monsters
Low
Heroes
Lodger
The next day
Blackstar

Is my current collection

i still have heaps of albums from the late 60s and 70s. Cream, Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Clapton, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Bowie and more. Most original pressings.

Last edited:
i still have heaps of albums from the late 60s and 70s. Cream, Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Clapton, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Bowie and more. Most original pressings.
Colour me jealous!
I’m trying to get more familiar with the 60s and 70s
I’d like to do a deep dive into Clapton’s catalog as my Dad was a big fan.
I have had trouble with the Beatles, they have so many great songs but a lot of fluff too, I have often said the white album should have been a single disc.

I’ve actually been on a Bowie kick
tSyuEI8l.jpg

PPA1z05l.jpg

xZG9EnDl.jpg

AEtEVp8l.jpg

g2vmVY8l.jpg

I may have 5 others on the way....

Every Dead Kennedys release with original pamphlets inside. LARD. The Hard Ons and other early Aussie indie. And Sgt Peppers of course.