PER WA Wet Shavers' Annual Meetup 2017- 2pm at the Sail and Anchor on December 28th

Discussion started by Greenpike, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Greenpike

Greenpike Member

Dear Westralians

I know I've only been around this forum for around a year (and only wet shaving for a 18 months) but I'm going to be so bold as to suggest we have a meet up. I know I'm sick of being jealous of South Australia and the "East" with all their meetup shenanigans. We can do this too, surely! I've met @TomG and we're just wonderful; you must be, too.

In terms of timing - I'm a teacher who is luxuriating for the next month but I'm hoping that most people would be available somewhere between Wednesday 27th - Friday 29th December unless they've gone away for the season? Please post or send me DMs with your availability and I'll try to make it work.

I missed last year but I've heard it was great at the Sail & Anchor in Fremantle. I'd be happy to do that again. I'm assuming say, a 2pm start, unless people are married to mornings? Very happy to be guided by people who have to work that week.

Besides company, Greenpike, what can I get??
    - I'll bring some free handsome brush soakers for those of you in love with natural hair brushes.
    - I have a full, unused bottle of Avon Wild Country aftershave I'm happy to give away so you can be cool like me.
    - I have a wonderful lend for @Bucephalus that we need to keep hush hush. Shhhhh.
    - I can let you try my extremely limited edition Borked aftershave I've only just received from the very generous @todras.
    - I have an aluminium Colonial General that I'm also happy to share around so long as you promise not to drop it :) If you haven't tried one, YOU NEED TO.

Tagged WA People (add more and sorry if I've got it wrong!)
    @TomG, @Bucephalus, @Cris, @patchwork, @shavenardo, @Ross, @Dustin L, @ben74

DrBob, todras, Bucephalus and 3 others like this.
  2. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

3. Snooze

Snooze Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Good work @Greenpike - work on the "Field of Dreams" principle - "Build it and they will come" (y)

todras, Greenpike and Mark1966 like this.
  4. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Member

I'll be in that mate. As a Fremantle OAP, any date/time suits me. As for "triallers", my kit is pretty much settled but I do have a spare Wilkinson Sword Blue soap stick; if you haven't tried one, you should - forget TOBS, this stuff is TOPS!
    @Cris - we can bemoan a 4-0 thumping at Tynecastle eh Jimmy?
    @TomG - it'd be good to meet up with ya again!

RustyBlade and Greenpike like this.
  5. shavenardo

shavenardo Member

I won't be able to do anything late this year due to family, finances and car. Can't really do much until feb

6. Ross

Ross Member

Im in any time is good im off to Indo on the 31st so good timing

Greenpike and Bucephalus like this.
  7. TomG

TomG Member

Great initiative, @Greenpike !

I am in town on those dates and would enjoy a catch-up. Sail and Anchor works for me as it was a good venue at the last meet, but open to suggestions for alternatives.
    @Bucephalus - look forward to catching up, and meeting the other guys.

Adding fellow Sandgropers @DrBob and @RazorPlay .

Greenpike likes this.
  8. Greenpike

Greenpike Member

Update!

Due to a kind patron, we have 8 packs each of vintage English Wilkies and Schick Platinum Plus coming our way from the East so hopefully everyone gets a takeaway. Even more incentive to come along!

As I’ve not had any request for a specific date, I’m leaning towards Thursday 28th December. Last call for objections? I’m specifically thinking of @Cris who might be working (the joys of small business) - let me know by 4pm today.

Mark1966 likes this.
  9. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Member

No objection here.

Greenpike likes this.
  10. RazorPlay

RazorPlay Member

Thanks for organising this. I will try to make it, if I am around. I only have a vague idea of what I might be doing tomorrow though, let alone next week!

Greenpike and Mark1966 like this.
  11. ben74

ben74 Member Grand Society

I'm keen...

todras, Greenpike and Mark1966 like this.
  12. Cris

Cris Member

I have a job booked for the 28th but I am moving it to 27th hopefully. So I should be good to go!
    Awesome idea Troops!

13. Cris

Cris Member

Also happy to bring some goodies for people to grab!
    I have a Proraso Shavette that gets no love
    RazoRock 400 Brush
    And I’ll bring some full size tubs to grab, used but not abused lol

RustyBlade, Greenpike and Mark1966 like this.
  14. Cris

Cris Member

All as long as my job gets moved!

15. Ross

Ross Member

28 is good looking forward to it

Greenpike likes this.
  16. Greenpike

Greenpike Member

Great news everyone. Look forward to meeting you all in person!

So 2pm at the Sail and Anchor on December 28th. Pop it in your calendars.

Mark1966 and Ross like this.
  17. TomG

TomG Member

Great stuff - looking forward to it. I'll bring some soaps and bits and pieces.

todras, Ross and Mark1966 like this.
  18. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Updated thread title with details :)

Enjoy guys!

19. Ross

Ross Member

Is anyone coming to the meet up that is a little bit knowable about super speeds I dropped mine and think it has issues but I’m unsure of the fix it’s still usable but may need a fix to be 100%
    Thanks