1. Thanks to your likes, our facebook page now has 25 likes and our own special URL - We now have a https://www.facebook.com/paste.and.cut. Please remember to invite your friends both to the forums and our page.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING TAPATALK

Members are advised that Tapatalk access to Paste and Cut is now officially deprecated and is targeted for removal from April 30, 2017. Please see the full announcement at the notice thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Watches

Discussion started by Rami, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Rami

Rami Member 2017 Sabbatical

Gentlemen, if i am looking for the best bang for buck for a nice watch, iwc, omega, etc. where should I look? What should I watch out for? And what brands/models should I research.

Ps, I am not worried if it's used but I would like to educate myself first. This post is more for research purposes, Looking to get a custom band so no strap is actually better. :)

Ps. Dress watch preferred, budget $1500 timeline indefinite ( ie will get sometime in future not anytime soon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark1966 likes this.
  2. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    $1500 is that in between zone of getting a Seamaster or other big name watch versus some of the lower watches in the $1000-$1200 range.

If you are looking at Dress Watches, usually something like a Raymond Weil or Longines at that type of money. If you look around and are happy with Grey Market then there are some great pieces from overseas. Generally you will cop GST on them over the $900 mark.

3. Rami

With the timeframe I have I am happy to educate myself and get a grey market piece, just wondering where to start, eBay? Or are there better places for people in the know.

4. Adam

Adam Member

I'm biased because I have 3 but if it's not a TAG it's not a watch. You can definitely pick up a second hand one in your price range or add about 500 and get a lower spec new one

5. Rami

Already have a tag. Looking to upgrade

6. Adam

Adam Member

I'll look to buy if your selling :)

I'm Actually in the market for a second hand tag Monaco with brown leather band, if I can get it for a good price. But even second hand Some variants of the Monaco are going for up to 6k.

7. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    As discussed earlier today @Rami - Oris Aquis with a custom Stingray leather strap.

oris_stingrayleather.jpg

J.Mac and Rami like this.
  8. Rami

You were right, that is sex on a strap. Very smart casual.

Might steal that strap design.

9. Adam

Adam Member

I've never seen a strap like that it looks really unique. Very nice indeed.

10. Monsta_AU

11. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

Fuck me!
    Stunning.
    When will you be showing it in person mate?

12. Rami

@Monsta_AU which Facebook group did you mention yesterday again dapper gentlemen or some such?

13. Monsta_AU

Admin Post
    Not mine but yeah it's insane. Looking at the quality of the strap I would have no hesitations in ordering from them.

Urban Gentry... goes on FB by 'UGWC'. Lots of Rolexes and Omegas, but there's some other things in there that will catch your eye. That Oris was one of them. Tristiano's channel on Youtube is here

Rami likes this.