We now return to our normal programming - New Blades

gthomas04

...was Drubbing's first. AKA Captain Tightarse
After some amusing diversions over the last few days, I have a question. Whenever I put a new blade in either a DE or an SE I always have moments of nervousness before the first swipe. I have always found that my best shaves are on shave 2 3 or sometimes 4. Shave 1 is always a cautious cruise around my skin. The results are always the same nice clean shaves but the first shave on a new blade is always a nervous experience. Anyone else feel this?

Glen.

No.
Stop drinking vodka before you shave.

Last edited by a moderator:
With an SE blade, yes. Always do the first one or two in the Featherweight before transferring to other SEs. Doesn't worry me too much with DE blades. But I would agree that I have to remind myself that there's a new blade in there before taking it to my face.

With an SE blade, yes. Always do the first one or two in the Featherweight before transferring to other SEs. Doesn't worry me too much with DE blades. But I would agree that I have to remind myself that there's a new blade in there before taking it to my face.

I knew the "living on the edge" SE person would understand. As yet haven't been game enough to try any other than the Featherweight. When the star of stage and screen in St Louis pulls his finger out I will have 4 or 5 SE razors and be seeking advice on which to try next.

Would I use an unauthorised avatar - you in fact very kindly gave me permission to change mine. Its called mellowing not losing your grip.

That's not how I read it. It was permission subject to censorship. The previous one was a lot better. What is this one by the way? It looks like a tree stump in a flooded river or something. I am impressed though. I've given up trying to change my avatar.

Last edited:
That's not how I read it. It was permission subject to censorship. The previous one was a lot better. What is this one by the way? It looks like a tree stump in a flooded river or something. I am impressed though. I've given up trying to change my avatar.

Dont recall any mention of censorship. It is a picture of a Rooster caught in a torrential rainstorm (much better larger than this tiny version) You were the one I was to turn to if I had problems changing mine! (And another thread wanders off into weird and wonderfull places)

As long as the avatar does not depict anything you wouldn't want your wife seeing, then it's good to go. No such thing as an unauthorised avatar around here :laugh: