Weekly Razor Review

I fail to see any problem. After all the Rex is a copy of the Gibbs.
To some extent that is correct but when I first saw the Flex it screamed budget Rex but your reviews have convinced me that although they look similar the Flex is much smoother so that's enough to convince me to try it out at a latter date.
By then they should have the version perfected and in stock but for the price point its good value so thanks again for the extensive reviews Mr guru! ;)

The only thing stopping me is $40 shipping on a $100 razor. Anybody find a cheaper option let me know
Yep, that'd do it, I was getting an itchy trigger finger.:)
However, if they were asking $130 aud for the razor I probably would still have done it. Itch returned. Will treat with waiting and see if it resolves, they're out of stock anyway.

3sp8OmN.jpg

I agree with Blackie; looks like it has surface rust (bubbles or peeling) on the end of the head... what's going on there?

To some extent that is correct but when I first saw the Flex it screamed budget Rex but your reviews have convinced me that although they look similar the Flex is much smoother so that's enough to convince me to try it out at a latter date.
By then they should have the version perfected and in stock but for the price point its good value so thanks again for the extensive reviews Mr guru! ;)

I see @klinker picked himself up a Flexi so it would be good to see his thoughts and compare.

If you must know, I dropped it in the sand just before I took the photo. Have a look at the handle also.
The sand? :facepalm: And @Mark19666 takes swipes at me and @Pbgoose for our SOTD pics in what he calls "scrub"? Well, never mind... Great review. If I had not decided to devote my future attentions to SE razors, I would be all over this, it looks like a great razor.

For the record, Tasmania doesn't have any scrub, and I doubt if Dubbo has either...

Yes, but this has the @Errol 'Seal of Approval'.
You are right...but I (and lots of others) have spent more on a Wolfman.
Will I buy one? Probably not, but they are a nice looking razor.
It is a very nice looking razor. If I knew it was going to be better than Karve OC-D and Piccolo. Would happily part with $300.
I cannot believe how much I used to tease the #lurker for spending $200 on a razor

It is a very nice looking razor. If I knew it was going to be better than Karve OC-D and Piccolo. Would happily part with $300.
I cannot believe how much I used to tease the #lurker for spending $200 on a razor

Quality vintage ones are looking very affordable AND have bonus history ...

@Errol Not sure I agree with Pearl basically copying Matt's Rex but it must be good if you rate it so highly. Keep up the great work good sir! ;)
I fail to see any problem. After all the Rex is a copy of the Gibbs.
Errol got in first here, and unfortunately Rex copied the Gibbs but so did I too. Years ago I drew up (CAD) my first Adjustable DE after using the Gillette and Baili TTO. After more research and to my surprise discovered I actually copied the Gibbs adjustable razor, however with a clickable adjustment ring.

Most DE designs have been made already and there isn't a lot of innovation except materials and looks.
Gillette nailed it from the 30's to the 60's (YMMV) from the three piece to the TTO. Interestingly most of their ideas were acquired by stealth (stolen) or by patent acquisition. Rotbart (Redbeard) was purchased by Gillette to gain their designs and so on. Correct me if I'm wrong but the iconic tech was not an in-house design.
None of these patents are active.

One I know about is the Rockwell patent for a flippable baseplate that should have never been awarded as not a new innovation or unique. Just no-one around to fight it. The Bohin razor has been around for nearly 100 years and was truely innovated as it had a lopsided top cap as well, so when reserved changed the blade angle thus gap and exposure.