Welcome from Katherine NT

Krackar

I'm very new to wet shaving with a DE razor. I've been shaving for around 21 years and it has always been a chore using a cartridge razor or electric.

I used to shave daily for work and would always get a rash on my neck and lots of small pimples and ingrown hairs. It was something I never looked forward to.

I have a really course dark haired beard. My wife hates it if I haven't shaved within the last 48 hours. So to make hers and by default my life easier I decided to give a DE razor a try.

3 weeks ago I received a kit from Beard and Blade with a Merkur 34c and a lots of different blades to try. It gave me an ok shave depending on the blade I was using and I decided it was way too mild for me. The best part though was absolutely no irritated neck! I found a decent 61 fatboy online and bought it so I could determine if a more aggressive razor was for me.

The Fatboy arrived in the mail on Friday along with some sample blades. I cleaned and sanitised the razor and loaded it up with a Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless. I had 4 days growth and set the razor to setting 5. WOW. I was smoother after 1 pass than I was with 3 using the 34c. I ended up with what I think was my best shave ever. Not BBS yet but nearly.

I'm hooked. I'm looking forward to shaving now and I know my wife is appreciating me shaving every second day instead of my dreaded weekly shaves!

Now I'm scared of what is to come with all the different razors, soaps, brushes and blades I need to try to find what is right for me.

Cheers!

Welcome to P&C @Krackar.
Plenty of info and enabling on this forum. :)

Welcome @Krackar . There's a group of us in Darwin that meet up occasionally if you are every up this way and want to meet internet weirdos.
Thanks for the offer! I've been here for 8 yrs and am moving in a month to the Sunshine Coast for a few months. And if my plans come together then it's on to Canada.

Welcome @Krackar. We need more Territorians or
internet weirdos.
Shame you are moving so soon mate, once you climb out of the rabbit hole, the fun is watching (or enabling) others to chase Alice :) I am nearly out of the hole and this mob are resisting any temptation.

I am nearly out of the hole
You’re nearly out of the rabbit hole.

TqktbuE.gif

Welcome to P&C @Krackar - great to have you here (y)