What do you have in the post right now?

I've never used a boar brush but been interested to try one for some time so purchased the Omega 48 to give it a whirl.

Found this video on how to speed up the breaking-in process... Anyone ever tried this know if it works?
I've never felt the need to do any 'breaking in'. I've been happy with my boar brushes from day one. The only way you're going to know is try one unbroken and then either wait til it's 'broken in' to compare (if you can remember what it was like unbroken) or purchase another and try the 'breaking in' process to see if that is your preference. Will be interested to see what you think of the 48.

I've never used a boar brush but been interested to try one for some time so purchased the Omega 48 to give it a whirl.

Found this video on how to speed up the breaking-in process... Anyone ever tried this know if it works?

I hope you like it.
I'm loving my boar brush after a two year break. Prior to that, I used them exclusively for 5 years!

That break-in trick never worked for me. My preference is hand lather, let it dry and then run on towel, which then splits the tips.

I do this until I feel it's soft enough to use and will hold lather for 3 passes.

The semogue 1800 shown in the video is coincidently my favorite boar brush.

Yep - hand lather will do the trip. Try a run with shampoo and another with dishwashing liquid, then one with a highly perfumed shaving soap to deodorise. The 48s come with some of the natural oils still on the bristle, hence the "funk" smell when you first get it wet. I've found using a variety of surfactants cut through these oils quickly, which are otherwise quite "lathercidal" and eat your lather early on.

Or you could just shave with it for a week or two, after which it will stop smelling so much and hold lather as long as you like!

Enjoy - the Omega 48 is my favourite brush...

Yes have used that one but takes a while or more effort that these,
Use the brush but don't rinse it. Leave the lather in it and let it dry out. Do that for a couple or few times you use it and tips start breaking up quicker.
Another method, very hot water on the tips for a few minutes only and rub it on a towel (not your face) while holding the bristles. This breaks the tips up.

Cold water method softens the fibres and rubbing on the towel breaks the internal connecting fibres while not damaging the hair shaft too much, like hot water does. Hence tips only in the hot water. If you want to shag pile the brush quicker then do the hot water method to the whole brush but it may over stress the fibres and knot and you'll lose hair and eventually the brush will fall apart. Hence the cold method.
Btw wooden handle brushes do not like being soaked especially in hot water. They'll crack in time and just break one day.

33506705798_6b0d640948_c.jpg

46467894845_6eb6555fdc_c.jpg

200 polsilvers.. best blade i used to date

delivery was super quick too, only ordered yday arvo..

Last edited:
I’m lacking an incense soap. I can’t make an incense scent because that’s not my bag.
Declaration Harmony soap on the way

Nice choice of soap!

You should have asked me, anyway Ill hit you up via the usual means (I disabled PM's here) and fill you in on making an incense accord or Ill send you some to dose your soap, its really simple. I need to have a word anyway about something else and send you a couple of vials.