What do you have in the post right now?

R41 finally arrived thanks to @Davec36

dILkxuy.jpg

Thanks @SpeedyPC and @Paul Smith for the warnings.
I expected at least one bleeder this morning but to my surprise it was a really enjoyable shave with no nicks.
I used a Nacet on Day 3# could definitely feel the sharpness of the blade around the lips but overall very impressed with efficiency. If I manage to avoid looking like Norman Gunston this will become a top contender in my rotation.

I expected at least one bleeder this morning but to my surprise it was a really enjoyable shave with no nicks.
I used a Nacet on Day 3# could definitely feel the sharpness of the blade around the lips but overall very impressed with efficiency. If I manage to avoid looking like Norman Gunston this will become a top contender in my rotation.

Just keep the alum stick ready Jeff

I was outbid on a Feather AS-D2 recently and because AS-D2 is outside my budget (#Holiday is such a scrooge) researched if there was a clone and stumbled across this thread and so I bought the below "Vintage Gillette 1940s Thin Handled 'Tech' Safety Razor - Made in England" for one fifth the cost of an AS-D2. Now I have to find a cheap AS-D2 to compare it with :)

gEkcw34.jpg

I was outbid on a Feather AS-D2 recently and because AS-D2 is outside my budget (#Holiday is such a scrooge) researched if there was a clone and stumbled across this thread and so I bought the below "Vintage Gillette 1940s Thin Handled 'Tech' Safety Razor - Made in England" for one fifth the cost of an AS-D2. Now I have to find a cheap AS-D2 to compare it with :)

gEkcw34.jpg
Shit that Feather AS-D2 is a bit pricey
How about that R41 mate?
Has it been tamed yet
Paul

PS nice Tech mate

Hi @Vittocia I wouldn't say I have tamed the R4, still in awe. A good reference because she is like a wild animal ready to bite at the slightest lapse in concentration.
I have really enjoyed the R41 and it has broadened the spectrum of experience into the more aggressive razors. The only down side is constant attention to detail because one false move and "weeper". Also it has made all my non-slants feel even milder and blades not as sharp which is to its credit because it is such an efficient razor. I have loaned R41 and 39C to @revhed for a few weeks because he is still on the 34C and looking for something more aggressive.

Hi @Vittocia I wouldn't say I have tamed the R4, still in awe. A good reference because she is like a wild animal ready to bite at the slightest lapse in concentration.
I have really enjoyed the R41 and it has broadened the spectrum of experience into the more aggressive razors. The only down side is constant attention to detail because one false move and "weeper". Also it has made all my non-slants feel even milder and blades not as sharp which is to its credit because it is such an efficient razor. I have loaned R41 and 39C to @revhed for a few weeks because he is still on the 34C and looking for something more aggressive.
That's great mate. I also have a 34C (hd) but I left it at my house in Thailand I rank it as one of the best for the price modern goto razors I have
but saying that I have not any of the modern razors that you guys talk about on P&C apart for the 39c,r41 and 34c
My Razor box is mainly Gillette and Valet and a few examples of other vintage brands
have fun mate
Paul

Did you lend @revhed the alum stick too? Going from a 34c to an R41 seems like a big jump,

You’ll right mate, it’s a real nice razor.. try riding the cap more, makes for smoother shave with the r41

Did you lend @revhed the alum stick too? Going from a 34c to an R41 seems like a big jump,
Didn't think of lending @revhed the alum stick. He may need it LOL. He has his eye on either Timeless, Karve or Wolfman

You’ll right mate, it’s a real nice razor.. try riding the cap more, makes for smoother shave with the r41
Thanks @StratMan that is why I struggle under the lip because I tend to come in at right angle again like starting at side burns. How do you ride the cap and get right up to lip line?

Thanks @StratMan that is why I struggle under the lip because I tend to come in at right angle again like starting at sideburns. How do you ride the cap and get right up to lip line?

I only shave WTG and XTG under the nose to the lip line, I NEVER go ATG from the lip line up towards the underside of the nose when using the R41.

Didn't think of lending @revhed the alum stick. He may need it LOL. He has his eye on either Timeless, Karve or Wolfman

Thanks @StratMan that is why I struggle under the lip because I tend to come in at right angle again like starting at side burns. How do you ride the cap and get right up to lip line?

That’s a little harder to do, i think I tend to start with it flat but roll the razor to ride the cap with a WTG pass but mainly ride the cap in the xtg and tag pass.

because of the curve of the lip in such a small area I treat the lip line as two sections vertically (upper and lower) and with the xtg pass two sections (left and right)

Dunno if right or wrong but works best for my super coarse hair.. if the above don’t make sense let me know and will try explain better..

wait till u try the jaws, best razor I have for the lip area

Last edited: