What do you have in the post right now?

Has anyone measured the thickness of the blades.
Do you guys maybe think that the BiC blades are perhaps thinner in comparison to say the feathers which is why they suffer from chatter and perform better in specific razors.

I feel like I have quite the journey ahead of me in the future with all these variables since having not shaven in so long.

@Razor Burn You're probably right about the cart thing too.

Do you guys maybe think that the BiC blades are perhaps thinner in comparison to say the feathers which is why they suffer from chatter and perform better in specific razors.

I feel like I have quite the journey ahead of me in the future with all these variables since having not shaven in so long.

I personally haven't found they chatter more than other blades.

I do find they are razor dependant but the dependence is not based on blade clamping.

E.g. I found them rough in my most favorite razor, the ATT Windsor H1, which is by far the smoothest shaving, high-efficiency razor I've ever used!

But they are very smooth in the karve D and Pearl Flexi.

Bic's are great, after the first shave. For some reason the Platinum coating can feel really awkward and tuggy during the fist shave. I have read that others thought the blade was defective, and didn't get past the first shave. Once the excessive costing has worn down, the shaves are great.

For myself, Feathers have a peak shave on shave 2 and drop off quick from there. In comparison the Bic's peak shave period is longer at shave 2,3,4 then drop off like the Feathers. YMMV

Bics certainly seem thinner or at least more flexible.

Coming soon in the mail a RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD synthetic

razorock-hive-24-mokasoft-shaving-brush-standing_1024x1024.jpg
razorock-hive-24-mokasoft-shaving-brush-base_1024x1024.jpg

giphy.gif

Awesome! I got that email last night and I do enjoy the Moka Express...
Definitely something to consider.
You better hurry up and get it, before, they run out of stock. This would take at least 3 or 4 months for VSHOD to stock up the new Mokasoft Beehive, I couldn’t wait that long so I had to grab it.

I should probably mention that I believe the new/old formulation of floid genuine looks to be available on italian barber. I was going to start a new thread about it and all the happenings but wasn't sure if anyone was interested.

Parker injector V2. Birthday present incoming with Parker blades too. Need to source some other compatible injector blades too as the Parker are quite mild from reports.

Feathers are too long and not keen cutting them down.

Thanks to Steve at Razor distributers.
Looking forward to seeing your feedback

Parker injector V2. Birthday present incoming with Parker blades too. Need to source some other compatible injector blades too as the Parker are quite mild from reports.

Feathers are too long and not keen cutting them down.

Thanks to Steve at Razor distributers.
I believe the Schick Proline B-20 (not P-20) should suit you nicely.

Yet another three straight razors. For some reason, both of my go-to pic sharing sites are resisting my advances tonight, so I cannot show them to you, but they are gorgeous.

And an APR combo, courtesy of @Mark1966.

edit: Yesssss! I managed to crack their resistance!!!

(let's see if I can keep the ball rolling and crack someone else's resistance to my advances tonight - that's yesterday for you, guys)

Bm4Zxrk.jpg

yfn33uQ.jpg

9gxF2rU.jpg

I've been tempted to get a straight for a while; bumped into this Cadman Bengall 3/4 on Gumtree. I know very little about straights, but to my untrained eye it looked in nice condition and for $60 I jumped in. The fact that the box is in good nick also implied to me that it hasn't been used that much. I'm hopeful it will look as good when it arrives!

The fact that the box is in good nick also implied to me that it hasn't been used that much.

First, congrats on what looks to be a very fine razor. About the box.... Well, never judge a book by its cover, particulary when the cover can be swapped, replaced or lost. What I mean by this is that I have purchased around 100 razors over the last year and maybe 15 of them came with their original boxes, so this is hardly an indication of the state the actual razor is in.

However, the lack of hone wear on the spine tells you pretty much everything, and this beauty has very little to none. It looks like you have a very nice razor in the post, well done!