What do you have in the post right now?

Pearl Flexi is in the mail to me.
Seems to have fallen into a postal black hole though.
I only have the 109 Black Beauty, so thought that I really should try a modern made adjustable (already been through the usual Slims, Fatboys, etc).
I’m told throughout the international wet shaving forum’s the Pearl Flex is at version 7 or 8, hopefully all the issues are gone or still going around in circles.

Pearl Flexi is in the mail to me.
Seems to have fallen into a postal black hole though.
I only have the 109 Black Beauty, so thought that I really should try a modern made adjustable (already been through the usual Slims, Fatboys, etc).

Mine's arrived and waiting for me when I get home this afternoon.

I was looking at the Rex Ambassador or the Feather AS-D2 but since I'm more of a straight razor user, I really couldn't justify the price for any of those. I though the Pearl would be a happy medium. I guess I'll find out tonight.

I’m told throughout the international wet shaving forum’s the Pearl Flex is at version 7 or 8, hopefully all the issues are gone or still going around in circles.
@SpeedyPC There are only three versions of the Pearl Flexi, v1, v2 and v3. All the issues were corrected in version 3 which was production run 3 (PR3). There are later production runs e.g PR6 etc but they are all version 3. This information comes directly from Pearl.

mail call :)

51702635942_6971d50a13_z.jpg

51704320550_69f602a1cb_c.jpg

@SpeedyPC There are only three versions of the Pearl Flexi, v1, v2 and v3. All the issues were corrected in version 3 which was production run 3 (PR3). There are later production runs e.g PR6 etc but they are all version 3. This information comes directly from Pearl.
Thanks for the feedback as the Pearl Flexi will never be on my shopping list, happy with all my vintage Gillette adjustable and also my Parker Variant in my den.

I am waiting for Muramusa, Blackbird, Tradere OC, and Monocero CC. I can’t believe it took me this long to buy the legendary Blackbird, I mean it’s not like it is an expensive razor (compared to some other razors). I’ve been waiting for months to buy the Taiga adjustable but so far no luck (out of stock). Finally, I have found a razor that is harder to purchase than a Wolfman.

In the mail now. I'm just hoping that it looks better in real life than the vendor's photos. I can accept the risk.

full

full

full

full

Those in the know will recognise this SR as a post 1923 T.R. Cadman & Sons ⅝ "Bengall" in Bakelite scales. I picked this up for about USD 20 including shipping.

If all goes well, this will complete my "Bengall" M7DS. This set will become my travel set.

I am waiting for Muramusa, Blackbird, Tradere OC, and Monocero CC. I can’t believe it took me this long to buy the legendary Blackbird, I mean it’s not like it is an expensive razor (compared to some other razors). I’ve been waiting for months to buy the Taiga adjustable but so far no luck (out of stock). Finally, I have found a razor that is harder to purchase than a Wolfman.
Contact Homelike and they will let you know when it is back in stock before they list them and they sell out. AFAIK, expected restock was before christmas

In the post today, my 1st (if like my Gillette's) not my last Straight Razor, a 5/8 Round point, Red Bellied Black from Steve @ Proserpine Razors, Aussie made with pride, how can a bloke go wrong!!
I envy you. I'm still waiting for my 6/8 Spanish point dressed in silver ash timber scales. I believe that Steve is waiting on the silver ash to arrive. This will be my first PR straight razor. I am hoping that its quality and shavability will be up there with the best of my other 22 straight razors.

Steve has been away in the NT for a while on business. I expect that he has a lot of SR making to catch up on.

No, I will not be putting together a matching seven-day set! 😄

Christmas sorted the Beard & Blade way -

bdOlRtul.png

Lime based soaps for son (the bay rum has lime and he NEEDS some bay rum in his life)

Leaf razors and shavette blades for daughters - if they REALLY want to be eco warriors they need to adopt these

Beard kit for daughter's boyfriend (future son in law?)

... and might have thrown a couple of things in for me ...

Thanks to the Charity Auction it cost me very little!

Dithered about getting the Stando Polska original SE head as well but shied away as the description and reviews indicate a bit too much blade feel for my liking so opted with the milder "Rod"' SE with Classic handle in brass as enjoy heavier razors. Had to also add the SS Swarga handle as something about that shape looks nice.... :eek:

PA151602.jpg
P8281309.jpg

Hit the post today. A Gold Dollar W59. It is a little Christmas present to me. Here is a previous one of mine.

full

What I like most about them is the toe of their Spanish point. I keep it sharp and pointy. Great for shaving those difficult areas like inside nostrils and ear canals 😊.

full

They normally come a bit too happy for my liking so I bread-knife the smile out and re-hone to my liking.

Here is the progression from "as received" (top), bread-knifed (middle) and finished (bottom).

full