What have I got here?

Dman69

Hi All, just wondering if anyone could identify this razor for me please? My mother recently passed it on to me; it belonged to my grandfather. She remember him using it when she was a bub back in the 40's, so it has a bit of history.. It appears to be solid brass but I can't see any makers marks on it..

Apologies if the image doesnt load..

Can’t wait!

Where is the image hosted?
I usually upload to imgur.com, then click on the photo image within the post. Paste the imgur address, making sure there is a .jpg at the end.
Job done

Any marks on the underside of the base plate?, looks like a long comb new or a clone there of full disclosure though I’m not well versed in the variations as my one example is incomplete

It's a cleanskin i'm afraid..
I was thinking the holes in them base didn’t look right.
And the handle has 3 rings rather than the news 2.
So it’s a lookalike, I’ve had many single ring clones and they have been great fun, it’s terrific this razor has a history for you.

I was thinking the holes in them base didn’t look right.
And the handle has 3 rings rather than the news 2.
So it’s a lookalike, I’ve had many single ring clones and they have been great fun, it’s terrific this razor has a history for you.

Thanks for that Ferret. Not really surprised, the value for me is the family connection! Found a photo of him recently - back when he was working in mines rescue in Ipswich in 1945..

Thanks for that Ferret. Not really surprised, the value for me is the family connection! Found a photo of him recently - back when he was working in mines rescue in Ipswich in 1945..
My most sentimentally valuable razor is a tech which belonged to my Dad, it’s a great shaver but it’s monetary value is about that of a medium Big Mac meal.
I don’t think he liked the tech but I think he picked it up in the military possibly and kept it all this time.

Hey @Dman69 - does look like a generic close of a long comb service set.

Most likely a GREAT shaver and a wonderful piece of family history

Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery razor, they shave allright though. I have the same one but in brass/gold and i remember another aussie on B&B had one years ago too.
I think I got mine in a ebay lot from UK with a few SE razors