What I found in the rabbit hole (yes, they have arrived).

Nice...you will find that both give a smooth feeling shave.
I rate the .68 at 'about' the same as my NEW SC in shave ability, and is smoother. The resulting shave is the same. Not as mild as a Mamba (too mild), but just a good decent shave with no drama.
The .95 'feels' about the same smoothness but does indeed shave closer.
You will enjoy!
I guess that you will go polished stainless?

absolutely all polished stainless, would have it no other way... i like shiny toys and is the only reason i got the rockwell 6C over the 6S

how was the quality of your returns base plate? any issues with it? i have the option of getting the whole kit as returns and can save a bit of coin doing it

i have made my mind up (subject to change of course).. i am going the other way, i like the look of the smooth top cap

Barberpole 85mm
Smooth cap
0.95 SB
068 OC
giphy.gif

My entire razor was 2nd hand, and the .68 baseplate, and the stand were 'Returns'.
Everything arrived in outstanding condition.
The 'Returns' are not damaged in any way. Even my baseplate had no marks where the handle screws up against it. Maybe Timeless give them another wee buff up first?
You would swear it was all new.
I would certainly never hesitate to buy from the 'Returns' section again.
You know I really do need another handle and a scalloped cap then I have enough bits to assemble 2 razors (oh, but wait...then I need another razor stand as well).

thanks @Blackie i have decided to not worry about the 0.68 as it may be too mild for me..

will be 0.95 either in OC or SB still thinking on this one
still going with a smooth cap & babershop handle + polished

soon as this is decided i will be ordering, cant wait :)

Hi Kosta,
I had a wee email chat today with Matt at Timeless.
Here is what he said...

"All of the baseplates give a different feel. The Solid bar is really smooth, but more for everyday with thin or little growth. The scalloped is for every 2-3 days and is smooth as well. The OC is for 3 or more days growth and is slightly more aggressive than the scalloped. It’s just slight though.

I personally like the scalloped .95 best".

So that's Matt's advice.
I may get a 'Returns' .95 SB base plate I think (or maybe the scalloped!).
As I shave every day, this may suit me better, or of course...I could get the .95 dual comb (SB and scalloped) and be happy ever after.
Have you thought of the dual comb .95? You could get an OC/SB combination.

I'm just going to head back to Timeless and check out prices again.

Cheers,
Kelvin.

Hiya Kelvin

i have been shaving on plate 6 with the rockwell for the past two days. I found that yday mornings shave was much closer than i was used to on plate 5 with resulted in a lot less hair growth to mow down the next morning.

Also when i used the wolfman i noticed this was even better, and from what i have read this will be the same with the 0.95 gap of the timeless.

So taking all this into account and that advice i will be going for the 0.95 SB. IF if in the future i feel like i need to get the OC i will do so but i have a feeling it wont be needed.

I did consider the DC plate but would rather the blade itself got even use and i prefer the more uniform even look of one plate.

Now, I need to ask you expert guys about that razor box.
I would like to clean up the interior of it. Missus says leave it, it adds to the 'ambience' of the set.
I reckon it needs a clean.
What's the best way to clean that velvet (?) interior lining?
A gentle wash, spray on car carpet cleaner, or what?
Thanks for any advice about that.

Hey @Blackie Did you ever end up cleaning up the case? And if so how did you do it?