What I found in the rabbit hole (yes, they have arrived).

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
My 2 new razors arrived a few days ago.
The Timeless .95 and the NEW SC.
Both are lovely to look at and both shave great.
The NEW SC is as I remember from my LC. Nice wee razor, shaves reasonably close and smooth. Using a Nacet for this one.
The Timeless...? Different kettle of fish that one. Tried both the .95 and the .68 plate. Both shave smoothly, and the .95 certainly shaves close!
I usually shave each morning but because of work commitments I just went 40 hours without a shave.
The Timeless didn't bother at that. Just smoothly mowed that stubble down. Used a Feather for this shave.
Helped a lot by the better soaps I now use too.
Love the NEW SC because it's a sweet wee razor and vintage.
Love the Timeless because it's a great, gnarly looking razor but such a wonderful shave with either base plate.
Would you like a few piccy's? Here's my collection of toothy goodness.

pcXwN7f.jpg

The NEW SC box is a tad beat up, but the razor and blade bank are in wonderful condition. Looks like it wasn't used much.
My Picollo (on the left) has a RR Halo handle and a Muhle R89 cap (just because I can!). The Mamba is sitting there trying to fit in with the toothy guys.

I'm loving that NEW SC @Blackie o_O. What sort of price range do they go for?
You will be surprised...$68NZ including USPS shipping to NZ.
That's about $65AU (ish). So why would anyone pay about the same for a horrible modern zamac razor?
It's a nice razor, but you can pay more (depends on the seller, and how badly you want the razor).
Mine came from an Etsy seller (Pamela at Sweet Pearl Vintage. Nice lady, helpful and honest. Great seller).
Favourite so far? Well I shaved 1/2 and 1/2 today with the Timeless and the SC.
The SC is so nimble and smooth that if I had bought it and used it earlier I wouldn't have bought the Timeless (and then would have missed out on one of the greatest razors).
The Timeless is smooth, and shaves 'close' (as in 'really close')!
Love them both for a different reason.
The Timeless wins, but a very close 2nd place to the SC.
Now, I need to ask you expert guys about that razor box.
I would like to clean up the interior of it. Missus says leave it, it adds to the 'ambience' of the set.
I reckon it needs a clean.
What's the best way to clean that velvet (?) interior lining?
A gentle wash, spray on car carpet cleaner, or what?
Thanks for any advice about that.

Last edited:
You will be surprised...$68NZ including USPS shipping to NZ.
That's about $65AU (ish). So why would anyone pay about the same for a horrible modern zamac razor?
It's a nice razor, but you can pay more (depends on the seller, and how badly you want the razor).
It's a beautiful piece, I have some Karve OC plates on their way to me. If I like the open comb, I may well consider adding a NEW to my den.

....."I may well consider adding a NEW to my den".

Well, I'm sorry but there is no 'may consider' allowed here.
You know that this forum has the largest collection of Enablers on the planet.
So....when does the new NEW arrive then? What? You haven't ordered it yet?
You better go back and check out Etsy and Ebay again.
LC and SC shave nice.
I have read that the SC was the later model, and less were made. They were a natural progression of the design going back to the OLD, etc.
As such they were said to have better shave performance as the baseplate was modified (more rigid blade clamping and the shorter teeth of course).
I 'think' my SC is a tad smoother than my LC but shave performance is about the same (IIRC).

....."I may well consider adding a NEW to my den".

Well, I'm sorry but there is no 'may consider' allowed here.
You know that this forum has the largest collection of Enablers on the planet.
So....when does the new NEW arrive then? What? You haven't ordered it yet?
You better go back and check out Etsy and Ebay again.
LC and SC shave nice.
I have read that the SC was the later model, and less were made. They were a natural progression of the design going back to the OLD, etc.
As such they were said to have better shave performance as the baseplate was modified (more rigid blade clamping and the shorter teeth of course).
I 'think' my SC is a tad smoother than my LC but shave performance is about the same (IIRC).

Come on @Blackie a full review on both razors after you’ve used each of them for a couple of weeks. Warts and all

Will do @Errol . Had another 1/2 and 1/2 shave today and this time used the Timeless .68 and the Fatip Picollo.
Face feel tells me that they are pretty much comparable.
The Timeless .95 of course would leave the Picollo dead in the water, but I am surprised at how close the Picollo and the Timeless .68 are.
Nothing scientifically measured here though. Just looking in the mirror (God, I'm gorgeous!), and rubbing the skin to feel the difference.
The Timeless was smoother to use though.
But, if someone wanted a similar close shave to a .68 and didn't want (or need!) a Timeless then a Mk2 Picollo is not to be scorned.

Hi @StratMan yes both my plates are OC.
No issues with them at all. Very smooth on the face. Get around my 71 year old face 'craggy' bits without biting.
I really, really think you do need a Timeless.
There, consider yourself 'enabled'.
I bought the Timeless from Ebay, and both the .68 plate and razor stand from Timeless 'Returns' section (saved a few $$).
Go on...you know you want too.

Hi @StratMan yes both my plates are OC.
No issues with them at all. Very smooth on the face. Get around my 71 year old face 'craggy' bits without biting.
I really, really think you do need a Timeless.
There, consider yourself 'enabled'.
I bought the Timeless from Ebay, and both the .68 plate and razor stand from Timeless 'Returns' section (saved a few $$).
Go on...you know you want too.
Do you shave everyday with your Timeless using a .68 and every second shave with a .95??

U KNOW I DO :) just trying to learn the art of self control...................

nah.. actually i am just waiting cos of that bloody wolf.. that was a razor i have actually used and know i love which is keeping me in limbo. Part of me wants to join the twitter wolfpack crew but principal says screw that. Other thing is i dont mind spending big on a timeless but if i did and it didnt live up to the wolf i would be so devo

i was on the site again today.. serial shopping cart stalker.. they do look nice

atm, in my head i have two scenarios with the timeless

0.95 SB, smooth cap with dimple handle, stand or 0.95 SB Scalloped (possibly OC Scalloped), scalloped cap, barbershop handle, stand
32441507597_fe8ea36164_z.jpg

32441507657_d00c2448e1_z.jpg

33506941638_1250976fa7_z.jpg

47330253512_390b3b9597_z.jpg

46468068805_1c4aa7a56b_z.jpg

@StratMan you can get a special order Timeless baseplate. OC on 1 side and SB on the other (or scalloped+OC, scalloped+SB, etc).
They have to be same gap though (.95 or .68). Then you have best of both worlds.
https://timelessrazor.com/products/cbase-custom-base-plate-dual-comb
The scallops do nothing to the shave. Purely a visual thing.
I'm happy with my smooth cap, and prefer the polished finish (not the matt).
@SpeedyPC no mate, I use what ever razor looks the best at the time.
Last 2 days I've been 1/2 and 1/2 with 2 razors just to compare the shave (Timeless + NEW, Timeless + Picollo).
The Timeless .95 could easily be my only razor. Very happy with it.
The NEW SC, well I bought it as a shiny toy to have a wee vintage shave now and then. But it's such a lovely razor, it will get a run a couple of times a week.
The Picollo will be put into the 'going away in the truck' bag.
The Mamba is for those days when I'm bleary eyed and need a shave where I can shave on 'Auto' and not get sliced up.

Last edited:
Yeah, the scalloped cap and OC baseplate do fit together well visually. Sort of like a mini Mack truck grille lurking in the rear view mirror too.
You have to go for it. Get the polished, more super smooth sexy sleek as you say.
Go on...we are all right behind you in this.
Main point is...you can actually see a Timeless, put it in your 'Cart', pay for it, and it arrives at your place.
Tell me again how that happens with a Wolfman...?