What is your "holy grail" razor

Curious as to how it will be his own fault?

Unfortunately he has fantastic product where the demand for it completely outstrips the supply. There is effectively a reseller market that has been created by a lack of supply and thus silly price gouging to passionate users.

A manufacturer needs to be effective in supply otherwise they risk brand damage and another manufacturer encroaching on their market. By not increasing supply effectively against a wilful market means someone soon is going to manufacturer a product like his.

There are idle CNC machines in India and China that are available for hire.

Now before someone says that they have ethics and they won’t buy one of these other look-a-likes based of moral ground they better not own a Apple product.

Does he have a patent on the BBS-1 design and can he prevent another person copying his work.

I am a supporter of his and love his design work, like all of us are. James put his hand up in Reddit to produce something and a razor brand was created from that whim. So again unfortunately it is all his doing.

Unfortunately he has fantastic product where the demand for it completely outstrips the supply. There is effectively a reseller market that has been created by a lack of supply and thus silly price gouging to passionate users.

A manufacturer needs to be effective in supply otherwise they risk brand damage and another manufacturer encroaching on their market. By not increasing supply effectively against a wilful market means someone soon is going to manufacturer a product like his.

There are idle CNC machines in India and China that are available for hire.

Now before someone says that they have ethics and they won’t buy one of these other look-a-likes based of moral ground they better not own a Apple product.

Does he have a patent on the BBS-1 design and can he prevent another person copying his work.

I am a supporter of his and love his design work, like all of us are. James put his hand up in Reddit to produce something and a razor brand was created from that whim. So again unfortunately it is all his doing.
All valid points and well put but I think you're reading the market wrong. I've no doubt there are plenty of other machinists capable of copying his work and certainly they will sell. But the passion his products have is largely gained by his manufacturing method. Small output, no corners cut and the fact that it is one man making them are the main reason I see his work continuing to sell despite the very limited availability. Mass production would, if anything, damage his products name.