What would you do with $450

Dustin L

Hypothetical question but thought it would be fun.

Let's say someone broke into your house and stole all of your shaving gear:bigtears:.
Somehow the insurance company shafted you and you only got $450 from them to cover it all:sick: and it had to be spent on shave related gear.

What would you buy?!

and go...

(disclaimer I may have stumbled upon $450 that I can spend on myself without guilt or shame and want to hear some ideas from experienced wet shavers);)

Let's say someone broke into your house and stole all of your shaving gear:bigtears:.
Somehow the insurance company shafted you and you only got $450 from them to cover it all:sick: and it had to be spent on shave related gear.

What would you buy?!

Shaving gear? A couple of bucks on a pack of Feather to slash my wrists. The wife can keep the rest.

If I only got $450 for my shaving gear ...

Ok, I think maybe my example was a bit heavy handed. Sue me;)

Basically I got given $450 and I can spend it all on shave gear and want some ideas.

Hopefully I didn't give anyone nightmares:nailbiting:.

Shaving gear? A couple of bucks on a pack of Feather to slash my wrists. The wife can keep the rest.

If I only got $450 for my shaving gear ...
I've got you covered, Mate. I'll give you a cool $500 for it.
No. No. Don't thank me. You're worth it. :playful:

... But seriously, if it did ever happen I'd at least buy you a beer... Or perhaps the strongest scotch I could find.

$450!?! ... $450!?! *walks out of the room yelling 450 repeatedly* :cry:

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'd do. Having only started recently, I feel like it's a nice reason to start fresh, but damn it, I want my stuff! $450 won't cover it, it'll be a deposit to getting the fancy stuff I want, which is the stuff I have/lost.
$450!?! ... $450!?! *walks out of the room yelling 450 repeatedly* (again)

Ok, I think maybe my example was a bit heavy handed. Sue me;)

Basically I got given $450 and I can spend it all on shave gear and want some ideas.

Hopefully I didn't give anyone nightmares:nailbiting:.
Looking at some of your past SOTD posts you already have some nice gear. If you're after suggestions I'm sure people could help.
Cella is less than $50 a kilo. You could get 9 kilos with change. ;)

My wishlist at the moment, if I had to spend $450 purely on shaving would probably be:
100-200x feathers + 100-200x something else
Saponifico Varesino soaps (maybe aftershave too)
PannaCrema Nuavia
Declaration Grooming soaps and balms
MdC (Rose if possible)​

My recommended gear (what I'd likely buy if starting from scratch again):
Captain's Choice Lather Bowl (if you bowl lather)
2-band badger brush (I find the stiffer bristles really help for making a good lather)
Rockwell 6S (I know you already have one, just feel it needs a mention)
Trumpers Skin Food - Lime (pretty much unscented as the scent disappears quickly and I find it's a good pre-shave)
Soaps: https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/favourite-soaps.4558/

Hopefully that gives you some ideas... even if you do get 9 kilos of Cella (y)

I'd buy two omega 48 brushes for rotation at home and their large barber pole synth for travel. A Rockwell 6S. A few hundred blades of choice - prob Feather and Lord for variety. Some Nivea AS. And a few pucks of MWF to use in the same way as shave sticks.

After I finish working through the products I currently have, I see this setup in my future...

@Dustin L you looking to buy a few things or blow it all on a single brush or razor? Interested in software or hardware?

Well to be honest, the only thing I've decided on for sure is a custom 28mm synthetic brush from Tony. I'm hesitant to put a 2 band badger in it because I haven't used one so far but am wanting to pick up one of those as well, but not a high end one.

Also looking at some software as well, I have a few more soaps coming so want to see what I like and will try and get a few more splashes that match my favorite soaps.

You guys are a riot by the way, I laughed out loud at a couple of the comments.

I would be ok getting $450. That's about a hundred bucks more than what I have spent so far.For that I would get a new Dovo with imitation MOP scales, Frank Shaving strop, Parker shavette,some Proraso soap,Semogue boar,Mingshi Futur clone,50 polsilvers,some Old Spice musk and with the $50 odd I have left would look for a vintage straight on fleabay.

Anyone know where the place with the best value for under $75 to get a 28mm two band badger is?

TSW is only 25/26mm. Would prefer to try a bigger knot but if it ends up being too complicated or expensive then the TSW is a good option.