What's for dinner?

Well it was for dinner last night, but it was my first time having what was in here as an entree -

5l27PRPl.jpg

Escargots de Bourgogne, Burgundy snails in garlic butter served with bread

Followed by Cassoulette de Porc aux Champinions Pomme, Braised pork with a wild mushroom and cognac cream sauce and caramelised apple, for me and Truite en papillote, Trout filet wrapped in baking paper with fennel, mixed vegetables, lemon and herbs, for Mrs Mark1966 at Bowral Brasserie.

Very nice meal, accompanied by some fine wine and extraordinary company.

Missus and I cleaned up some nice venison back steaks tonight (Red deer).
She insists in veges though! So we also had broccoli, carrots, onions (cooked in pan with the venison), cauliflower, and a nice cheese sauce.
I forced myself to add a tumbler of Myers Rum with cola.
All in all...was a great meal.

I'm having PIZZA!!! with extra chili, because, I'm looking forward to FART! out loud.

Shut up...... I'm bored. I'm having a break from reading Star Wars novels.
Chillies don't make you fart. You're right though, in that chillies are a totally essential ingredient of any pizza, beyond any question. (y)

Osso Bucco with Risotto... but only just! Arriving at my girlfriends place, I cracked a beer and reached for a glass. Fumbled the glass as I pulled it out of the cupboard, and dropped it on the bench, where it shattered into a hundred pieces right next to the casserole dish holding the already browned (but not braised) Osso Bucco. Meat appeared OK but we weren't prepared to take the risk so I made a mercy dash to the local IGA where I was lucky enough to find 3 packs of Osso Bucco and so we (she) started again. Lucky she's easy going! Maria has an Italian father and Chinese mother, and I am fortunate that she cooks both ways so certainly don't want to rock the boat! The Prosecco that I also provided helped.

Well last night, this (as it was on Wednesday night) -

OvX9wjhl.jpg

... became this before it went back in the slow cooker for 30 minutes in the sauce -

NHcctOhl.jpg

... to end up served like this -

UTwQEtCl.jpg

I really should have done it a few days earlier on 4 July, 'cause, 'Merica.

Slow Cooker Texas BBQ Pulled Pork

Well last night, this (as it was on Wednesday night) -

OvX9wjhl.jpg

... became this before it went back in the slow cooker for 30 minutes in the sauce -

NHcctOhl.jpg

... to end up served like this -

UTwQEtCl.jpg

I really should have done it a few days earlier on 4 July, 'cause, 'Merica.

Slow Cooker Texas BBQ Pulled Pork
That looks great 👍

Wednesday, I made sweet potato soup. I made a bit of a mess with the stick blender but a part from that, it was quite good.