What's for dinner?

Currants in a curry? What kind of abomination is that - sounds as bad as pineapple on a pizza.
I could (maybe) only excuse it in a biryani / pilaff type dish.

My sister's husband owns four curry restaurants in Sydney and he apparently has been eating currants with his curry since he was a little boy in Goa. He got me onto it and I love them!

My sister's husband owns four curry restaurants in Sydney and he apparently has been eating currants with his curry since he was a little boy in Goa. He got me onto it and I love them!
All good, just my personal opinion (and therefore the law) that fruit in savoury dishes doesn't go, other than in the exceptions that prove the rule.

A 3 week pork diet? How did that work? No red meat, just pork?

I must confess, not every meal was purely pork,but I believe I had pork every day :D

Was stellar - I really do miss pork a lot in OZ, you don't get good quality pork so easily and of course you don't get many of the dishes...but I am looking forward to some cleansing Asian dishes now

A very generous portion of last night's leftover curry... and it smells stronger than last night as the Child-bride is reheating it ATM! The bloody Vindaloo will be interesting a second night! It was hot enough last night. My taste buds are still recovering!

Had rabbit and cider stew with dumplings tonight. Thoroughly delicious.

beans stew... Why didn't I saw this thread? I had yesterday some tassie lobster and bluefin :(
I could have made a picture with a razor on the dish, for cutting the tail ha ha

This was last night -

Morrocan lamb with harissa mayo on a bed of salad involving honey roasted carrots, cress, radish and feta. Very nice but too fiddly for a weekday.

dGNWSRN.jpg

Osso Bucco tonight, a long 6 hour slow cooked dish using Veal shins, it's an Italian masterpiece from Gennaro himself ;)

Other than perfumery, one of my passions is cooking - specifically Italian and French slow cooking - at this time of year, grabbing a couple of days where it's 24c and not 34c is the real trick!

dGNWSRN.jpg

Osso Bucco tonight, a long 6 hour slow cooked dish using Veal shins, it's an Italian masterpiece from Gennaro himself ;)

Other than perfumery, one of my passions is cooking - specifically Italian and French slow cooking - at this time of year, grabbing a couple of days where it's 24c and not 34c is the real trick!
giphy.gif

dGNWSRN.jpg

Hope we get to see a finished, plated meal!

Can I have the last 18 months worth of files? Sounds like a great idea, now how do I pitch it to my wife?

It now tends to be a weekly meal plan based on flicking through the recipes we have used.

Well it wasn't actually dinner, it was lunch but ...

H1m8IZNl.jpg

Now this was for four of us - but we still couldn't finish it!

CECJOxBl.jpg

No frills place - sheets of wax paper and plastic knife and fork with roll of paper towel!

Lunch BBQ Mecca bucket list - Top 50 worlds best BBQ places and best Texas BBQ 2017. Also recommended by Anthony Bourdain. It was awesome !! Low and slow chicken, turkey, sausage, pork, beef brisket with slaw and Mac and cheese share platter for 4. Plus they let us have a look at the smokehouse out the back (of course we asked - coming all the way from Australia good to have the full tour)

tFJnggHl.jpg
M2Sf8nIl.jpg

Last edited: