What's for dinner?

Itsonlyblood

We have a shave of the day thread, but what did you eat?
I'll kick it off...
IH0fBw.jpg

Byron Bay Berkshire Pork Cutlets and Duck Fat Potatoes.

What did you eat?
Somewhat inspired by @alfredus and his travelling for food comment (y)

Last edited:
Real talk, I'm having scotch.

Actually I finished the scotch and am on the tequila...

I should cook something... but I'm impaired.

Toast... Nutella toast

Rib-eye fillet rubbed with own secret herbs and spices, roasted with potatoes, sweet potatoes. pumpkin and peas.

Great thread - I will most likely hate it on many days, but today...

Pearl barley Risotto with fresh mushrooms, kale, parsley, Parmigiano and LOTS of butter served with a pork leg ragu and a nice glass of barossa shiraz. Oh and almost forgot the pork crackling which was done separately in the oven - desert is a chocolate mouse - Buen Apetito (y)(y)(y)

Had a fantastic meal last night, monster kitchen and bar.
They do stuff like yabby jaffles... I had other stuff

Great thread - I will most likely hate it on many days, but today...

Pearl barley Risotto with fresh mushrooms, kale, parsley, Parmigiano and LOTS of butter served with a pork leg ragu and a nice glass of barossa shiraz. Oh and almost forgot the pork crackling which was done separately in the oven - desert is a chocolate mouse - Buen Apetito (y)(y)(y)
If I lived where you live, I have absolutely no doubt I would struggle with alcoholism. I LOVE barossa shiraz.

Went with a Jerusalem artichoke soup with hazelnut and spinach pesto, picked up the first artichokes of the season at the local farmers markets so could not resist. Set it out with some nice local bread, it made for a nice meal after a fairly busy Sunday.

If I lived where you live, I have absolutely no doubt I would struggle with alcoholism. I LOVE barossa shiraz.
I'm sure easily available at your local bottle-o - no excuses there mate :D

I'm sure easily available at your local bottle-o - no excuses there mate :D
I also really enjoy the whole cellar door experience. Its pretty similar to the artisan shaving product producers. They love talking about what they do. Makes the consumption that much better in my opinion.

Yeah? Well let me say kudos, couldn't fault it, my wife ate tongue and raw tuna and had no complaints
What animal - I love tongue - probably my favourite is dry cured pork...

I had on Monday night for the first time in ~35 years lambs brain - absolutely stellar and will definitely be part of the menu in the future...

What animal - I love tongue - probably my favourite is dry cured pork...

I had on Monday night for the first time in ~35 years lambs brain - absolutely stellar and will definitely be part of the menu in the future...
Wagu beef, simply beautiful

I read all above and here I am, sitting at Palm Beach, watching the surf roll in with a fisherman's basket, which the fish pieces are distinctly reminding the reason I'm up here of her childhood.
Wagu beef would be a nice change, if attainable for the price of bully beef!
I how I love a decently marbled steak, cooked properly.

I read all above and here I am, sitting at Palm Beach, watching the surf roll in with a fisherman's basket, which the fish pieces are distinctly reminding the reason I'm up here of her childhood.
Wagu beef would be a nice change, if attainable for the price of bully beef!
I how I love a decently marbled steak, cooked properly.
zI7HEl.jpg

:D:D:D

Rare to medium rare tyvm :)
I thought the whole point of proper wagyu was that you had to cook it to medium to let the heat get to all of the marbled fat.
In fact it is the one meat that should be suitable for those that like their steak grey, as it won't dry out due to the intramuscular fat.

I guess my info might come from Japanese wagyu, which is considered to be of a different quality to the stuff we can purchase over here.