What's your favourite TTO

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
over the years I've sampled basically what's available out there in the Gillette world and although I think a three piece head gives me a slightly better shave, I just love the TTO.

What if your favourite TTO?

For me, in terms of just an excellent shave it's the "parat" which I believe was also sold as an aristocrat JR depending on year and case, BUT I'm still looking for a flat bottom aristocrat JR and having only used one for a week many years back I have great memories of them too.

good choice, if u do sell the red tip flick me a PM i may be keen on it

I'd have to say the Gillette British Aristocrat #15 in the open comb and #16 in the solid guard bar with the adjustable TTOs a tough call between the Fatboy and Slim. I'd probably go Slim for sentimental reasons.

Ditto, but I prefer the MicroMatic Clog Pruf.

Yes, I think all the Micromatics are good, partly due to a little extra weight. For looks I would go with the Bullet tip maybe. It's a pity they didn't continue to develop the TTO

Yes, it's a nice efficient razor. I have a few micromatics, all good, but the OC is the most efficient. Probably not the best razor for someone 's first SE. Have you tried a Micromatic?

Yes, it's a nice efficient razor. I have a few micromatics, all good, but the OC is the most efficient. Probably not the best razor for someone 's first SE. Have you tried a Micromatic?
Yep I've got one but it just dosnt strike a chord with me.
Don't get me wrong it's a fine razor and I can get great shaves with it, it just dosnt have that X factor for daily SE shaves I really enjoy my 1912.
I have been looking for a clog pruf but they are a little elusive when I'm looking it seems, ideally I'd love a brass one.

Yep I've got one but it just dosnt strike a chord with me.
Don't get me wrong it's a fine razor and I can get great shaves with it, it just dosnt have that X factor for daily SE shaves I really enjoy my 1912.
I have been looking for a clog pruf but they are a little elusive when I'm looking it seems, ideally I'd love a brass one.

Not so easy to find here, though I'm sure one will turn up eventually, I would like the brass too. Easy to find from the US but the postage!

Not so easy to find here, though I'm sure one will turn up eventually, I would like the brass too. Easy to find from the US but the postage!
Exactly, it's one thing to pay $25 for a razor but no way will I pay an additional $30 poastage ooo I get so fired up!

Recently acquired 2nd Slim, J3 1964.
Very cool, I traded my slim off awhile ago and while I did love it, unfortunately it just didn't get the attention so it had to go :(

Twist To Open.
So think the barn doors of a super speed or the pac-man style mouth of a Gem