What's Your Number?

Psmith

Pmember
The other day I was looking at the shave den and I was struck by a curious thought. Bearing in mind that wet shaving has a number of components to it (i.e. razor, soap, brush, post) and I have a few of each of those, I wondered how many different possible shave combinations I could get with my current gear.

I multiplied all of the components together and came up with the number 15,840.

Which means, assuming I shave every day (which I nearly always do) I could shave for over 44 years before repeating the exact set up.

The rules I followed were:

I only counted Razor, Brush, Soap/Cream, Post-shave.
I didn't include blades as a variable so that it would even out for the straight people.
No Samples included.
Only include items that you would definitely use in a shave (no heirloom razors etc)

Please note this is a fun thread. Not a look how many things I have thread. There is no need to list the separate items, just the total number.

So, how many possible shave combinations do you have? It may surprise you.

What a great idea! I'm away at the moment but cannot wait to get home and do the maths (counting only the razors I regularly use!)

Hey - Happy shaving :)

What can I say? I know what I like!

That's ruling out the tube of arko "menthol" someone sent me that I am waiting to pass over to the next unsuspecting fool, and a W4 slim twist that I'm never going to use.
And some of those soaps/creams were pifs that I'm only being polite with and trying to finish,

Last edited:
Get the abacus out @Anthony Hunter.
Number of brushes * number of razors * number of soaps & creams * number of aftershaves and balms

2 straights ( have a 14 in various stages of honing)
2 soaps
2 brushes
1 aftershave

1512 is my magic number. Got some work to do.
That's still 4 years and a month you could go without repeating!

2 straights ( have a 14 in various stages of honing)
2 soaps
2 brushes
1 aftershave
I thought mine would be one of the lower ones, but you've blown me out of the water until you get those straights sharpened and the enablers here start showing you new and shiny soaps / balms and aftershaves.

Don't let the enablers get to you - it's a slippery slope .

I'm noticing a distinct lack of responses here.
Far too many people have enabled themselves much worse than @Psmith but are too ashamed to admit it.

Last edited:
I'm noticing a distinct lack in responses here.
Far too many people have enabled themselves much worse than @Psmith but are too ashamed to admit it.
I was going to say the same thing. Come on people, you're making me look bad. There's a lot of you out there with much worse acquisition disorders than mine.

I'm noticing a distinct lack of responses here.
I think the tapatalk error may have had something to do with that.

OK 6 razors, 9 brushes, 13 soaps (3 almost empty) and 1 Witch Hazel (I use only one at a time) = 702