What's you're favourite basic (every day) all year round aftershave or post-shave.

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day P&C,

I know some wet shavers don't like spending nearly $15 to $40 on aftershave and some have about 20 different bottles in there den all to match there shaving soaps collection.

I've been following this method below this YouTube clip for over 12 months and my skin feels FANTASTIC without any issue and it's very CHEAP and goes a very long way, and the best part it won't clash any of your favourites fragrance.

My own aftershave method using T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent 240ml bottle you can get them at Chemist Warehouse, Coles, Priceline or Woolworths it’s cheap for around $5 or $6 depends where you look.

Go to your Natural Health shop in your area and get a bottle either (50ml or 100ml) of Natural Glycerin (plant-based) which helps restore moisture into your skin add about 20 drops maximum no more, don’t get Animal base Glycerin is not good for the skin, because is not a natural plant base. Only the Health shops or Chemists sell Natural Glycerin.

Get either 50ml or 100ml bottle Tea Tree Antiseptic oil which helps kill bacteria and pimples add 10 drops maximum no more depending on your skin type.

Don’t forget to shake the bottle first before applying the simple basic aftershave.

Also, you can add Pure Vitamin E oil into the basic aftershave add about 10 drops maximum no more.

I’ve stopped buying aftershave splash or balms and moisturising cream.

So tell us, what's you're favourite basic (every day) all year round aftershave or post-shave in your den.

Last edited:
Cosmetic lad from Lush-
Best post shave I’ve had and it’s not even on the trad shaving radar really.

Cosmetic lad from Lush-
Best post shave I’ve had and it’s not even on the trad shaving radar really.
P1.jpg

G'day P&C,

I know some wet shavers don't like spending nearly $15 to $40 on aftershave and some have about 20 different bottles in there den all to match there shaving soaps collection.

I've been following this method below this YouTube clip for over 12 months and my skin feels FANTASTIC without any issue and it's very CHEAP and goes a very long way, and the best part it won't clash any of your favourites fragrance.

My own aftershave method using T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent 240ml bottle you can get them at Chemist Warehouse, Coles, Priceline or Woolworths it’s cheap for around $5 or $6 depends where you look.

Go to your Natural Health shop in your area and get a bottle either (50ml or 100ml) of Natural Glycerin (plant-based) which helps restore moisture into your skin add about 20 drops maximum no more, don’t get Animal base Glycerin is not good for the skin, because is not a natural plant base. Only the Health shops or Chemists sell Natural Glycerin.

Get either 50ml or 100ml bottle Tea Tree Antiseptic oil which helps kill bacteria and pimples add 10 drops maximum no more depending on your skin type.

Don’t forget to shake the bottle first before applying the simple basic aftershave.

Also, you can add Pure Vitamin E oil into the basic aftershave add about 10 drops maximum no more.

I’ve stopped buying aftershave splash or balms and moisturising cream.

So tell us, what's you're favourite basic (every day) all year round aftershave or post-shave in your den.
don't worry about whether it is plant or animal based. Glycerine is just another name for the chemical compound glycerol. Glycerol is a by product from the saponification of fats and oils (which occur in both plants and animals) with an alkali. If the glycerol/glycerine is pure it would have exactly the same chemical formula, independent of whether it came from an animal or a plant. C3H8O3

Reactions: JVS
I use anherb balm, and have for over a decade.

It soothes instantly, absorbs easily and has a slight touch of menthol.

I don't like alcohol aftershave nor strongly scented ones.

This is my latest update aftershave setup below, and don't forget to shake the bottle first before you apply after your aftershave.

T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle, get them anywhere from Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, or at your local supermarket
735752_xlarge.jpg

10 drops of Invite E High Potency Pure Oil, get them at Chemist Warehouse or Priceline
21183_xlarge_1.jpg

20 drops of Natural Plant Glycerin, get them at any health food store in your local area.
PureVegetableGlycerine200mL1.jpg

5 drops of Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic, get them anywhere from Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, or at your local supermarket
3DF_800.jpg

I reckon the above really belongs in the "apothecary". :unsure:

Indeed, so this post -
This is my latest update aftershave setup below, and don't forget to shake the bottle first before you apply after your aftershave.

T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle, get them anywhere from Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, or at your local supermarket
735752_xlarge.jpg

10 drops of Invite E High Potency Pure Oil, get them at Chemist Warehouse or Priceline
21183_xlarge_1.jpg

20 drops of Natural Plant Glycerin, get them at any health food store in your local area.
PureVegetableGlycerine200mL1.jpg

5 drops of Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic, get them anywhere from Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, or at your local supermarket
3DF_800.jpg

... now posted here in it's own sticky thread as a reference for people.

After every shave: a cold damp small towel that I put in freezer just before I start shaving and Thayer's witch hazel ; sometimes followed by a scented aftershave plus moisturizer.

After every shave: a cold damp small towel that I put in freezer just before I start shaving and Thayer's witch hazel ; sometimes followed by a scented aftershave plus moisturizer.
Just splash your face with cold bloody water, you don’t need a towel placed in a freezer.