Where to find vintage razors

Discussion started by Dan.05, Feb 25, 2017.

1. bazman

bazman Member

According to the Department of Health, Western Australia:

Cutthroat razors with a non-changeable blade are not permitted for use in any commercial hairdressing establishment in Western Australia due to the risk of spreading blood-borne viruses such as hepatitis B and HIVAIDS.

After use, micro-organisms and small, invisible quantities of blood and bodily fluids can remain on the razor blade. Simply washing and disinfecting the blade will not destroy these micro- organisms and will place clients at risk of infection if the blade is reused.

Havachat45 likes this.
  2. UKSteve

UKSteve Member

There's some particularly nice Japanese vintage razors on the bay at the moment.

Psmith likes this.
  3. Psmith

Psmith Member

Any chance of a link @UKSteve? You have some beauties so I'd love to see your picks.

4. Rami

Rami Member 2017 Sabbatical

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  5. Nonick

Nonick Sputniks orbit planet face Group Buy Associate

I bought a razor from that euro seller once (he uses the same little stand in every picture) and I'll never buy from him again. Beautiful looking but deffinanty not shave ready and such bad micro pitting in the metal that it coundnt be honed. If it can't be honed by some of the masters here than it's junk. His other razors may be better but I won't take the chance again

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    borked and Rami like this.