Which epoxy can I buy from Bunnings to glue a brush knot?

I have to ask, why would you not want to set a knot permanently ?

Main one here for me in this case is for when you discover you would have liked a different loft. Silicon lets you test out the loft you want before confirming it in epoxy.

Of course, if you have one of Tony's handles for example, you may want the handle to last through a number of different knots. It would be a waste to limit its life to just one knot!

I have to ask, why would you not want to set a knot permanently ?
Regret posting now and hope this doesn't go bigger than Ben Hur :whistle:
Preface this with I'm no adhesive expert.
Though have made things with adhesive that they aren't marketed to do.
Epoxy is a great rigid & flexible glue, water resistant and maintains it stability over time and in varying environments.
Hence its use with shave brushes.

So why 'not permanent'. Some users may want to test a new/old knot at differing depths within their shave brush. To either increase or decrease splay and/or stiffness.
As others have said using hot glue and using coins to fill the void will vary the height/depth of the knot within the handle to determine how it feels/acts before a more permanent solution.
Hot glue knots are easily removed by heating/chilling and firmly grabbing the knot with a twist to remove.
Others have used a pea sized amount of household silicone to achieve the same results.
More silicone can also be used to make it permanent for years. As knots fail over time it is easier to remove silicone glued knots.
Silicone takes longer to cure than expoxies which set.

Hope this was informative and again I hope I haven't offended anyone for suggesting something different.

@RustyBlade is correct in that if one is not sure at choosing a loft or a particular knot then yes using some other types of sealants or adhesives can be used to allow for easier adjustments later. However these other sealants and or adhesives are really not a permanent solution for setting a knot as knots can come adrift during a shave using these sealants/adhesives. If you are sure with your loft, type of knot and even socket diameter then best to set using epoxy :)
Cheers Tony
and no need to think you have offended anyone @RustyBlade ;)

And please don't use coins to adjust the height of the knot - your favourite brush maker will thank you advance, when in a couple years time you decide to have the knot removed...and destroy his tools in the process ;)

Cork is one of the alternatives

Yeah...TBH I use whatever I have open at the time.

Cheers boys, it's a moot point now anyway, sent the knot and handle off to Tony to drill it out a bit and fit the knot for me.

Thanks for the suggestions though :)

Wait, one more thing; @SpeedyPC you always seem to know a lot about knot diameter to loft for different brushes and what would be good ratios, can you suggest what loft might be good for a 30mm synthetic (black and white maggard) knot. Very dense, good backbone, soft tips. I face lather. Any ideas? I thought maybe 60mm? I'm concerned it might be too high. Maybe 58mm? What do you think?

Wait, one more thing; @SpeedyPC you always seem to know a lot about knot diameter to loft for different brushes and what would be good ratios, can you suggest what loft might be good for a 30mm synthetic (black and white maggard) knot. Very dense, good backbone, soft tips. I face lather. Any ideas? I thought maybe 60mm? I'm concerned it might be too high. Maybe 58mm? What do you think?

From what you are saying and off the top of my head I would say around the 58mm would be good Joel. But I can set it to whatever if you have a preference.
Cheers Tony

Really depends on the knot...synthetics can be springy, so setting them too low might cause a lot of lather flipping around your bathroom...also depends on the density of the knot...

I personally would set a synthetic at least 2:1, so 60mm in your case - but probably even more ~63-65mm

You won't get a ton of backbone from a synth...the backbone will be there from the density

You can always message the guys from Maggards - they should have some experience?