Which maseto brush?

StratMan

What do u guys recommend for face lathering?

And can anyone compare a yaqi silvertip or 2-band badger against a masteo?

First.... What size knot are you going to choose?
Yeah I've stepped up to 26mm for face lathering as the brush holds more lather for more passes if required. Also like the handle length to be longer so the handle isn't engulfed in lather when I set it down each pass. Can't comment on badger brushes as I rarely use them anymore.
Point of face lathering for me is speed so soaking a brush defeats this.

I didn’t really enjoy the Maseto synthetic, because, it’s too springy and too dense doesn’t splay very well while face lathering. I Strongly advise you not to get the Maseto synthetic.

I’ve own both 26mm Maseto Extra Density Silvertip and 2 Band Finest Badger. The 26mm Extra Density Silvertip is perfect for face lathering, and the 26mm Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger is perfect for bowl lathering.

The Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger doesn’t splay too well for face lathering, because, the knot feels too tight and this issue makes your face feel a bit scratchy while the knot is too tight. Also the tips of the 2 Band Finest Badger from Maseto doesn’t feel like gel tips or doesn’t feel like the tips is soft enough after broken in for a while.

Just grab the Extra Density Silvertip is perfect for face lathering, because, the knot is tight and it does splay very well and comfortable and not too scratchy on the face, against the Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger.

Last edited:
I have a 26mm Silvertip and 24mm 2-band best badger from Yaqi. Both are great for face lathering, but can't compare them to anything else sorry!