Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Android, Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung, Sony ...

I know nothing!

Lol. Just so us whipper snappers get off your lawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Just so us whipper snappers get off your lawn.

Yeah - bring the argument here rather than in the other thread - I can't moderate it and move them unfortunately.

Next in the series of contentious topics...
Straights vs DE's vs SE's
Badger vs Boar vs Synth vs Horse vs mixed
A/S vs balm

:)

Real men shave with a Straight
[emoji44]

Actually real men shave with this

75326128358bb035407122c5f790fb60.png

Continue the game of posting out of topic [emoji23]

I think we can rule out the Samsung Note 7.

I purchased the Google Pixel phone - like it and easy to transfer from iPhone. The 10 year iPhone anniversary (iPhone 8?) could be really special.

Google pixel/xl or iPhone 7/+. Both great hardware, super accessible software, great support. Spend a few minutes with each in the shop and see what system you prefer. Impossible to choice and objective 'best'.

If price is no concern, then the best of what's on offer right now is between Google Pixel/XL, iPhone 7/+, iPhone SE (if you like the small stuff), LG V20 and the Xiaomi Mi Mix. They all have their little benefits, but I want to note that the Pixel currently has the best mobile camera in the market, and the Mi Mix has a mammoth battery that would last you 2 days of moderate-heavy use as well as having the largest screen:bezel ratio of any phone yet.

I'll throw another into the mix....
OnePlus 3T. https://www.cnet.com/au/products/oneplus-3t/review/

I have the OnePlus 1, and have had it for 2 1/2 years. Aside from a slightly cracked screen, it is as fast as an iPhone 6+, but at less than half the price.

OnePlus is a standalone subsidiary of the Chinese giant, Oppo. The biggest drawback for this phone, is that it has to be grey-imported. They don't sell or ship to AU. You'd have to go through someone like DWI.

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au...nd-by-4G-64GB-A3010-Gunmental-Flashed-OS.aspx

I use an iPhone. I bought it outright a couple of years ago. Unlocked. Next year, I'll probably sell it and upgrade to a new one. The resale value on iPhones is quite good and I've had no trouble selling my old ones on eBay for a good price. But next time, I will most likely use the "iPhone Upgrade Program" to purchase my phone. Basically, you get an unlocked phone for about 1/24th of the price and pay monthly. You can upgrade any time you want after one year. If you keep it 2 years, its yours. Oh, and it includes AppleCare (extended warranty) at no extra cost. No more payments. I think its a darned good deal. Check it out if available in AU.

Here's the link... http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

Last edited:
+1 on the One Plus 3

My brother in law has this phone and it is amazing!!

The Samsung J7 (maybe not in Aus) is also fantastic!

In OS terms, Android is by far the best, most user friendly and most customizable.

I'm currently running CM14.1.1. Still slick on this device, even at 2 1/2 years old.

I keep saying that I will upgrade, but I don't need to.