Why do you use the razor you use?

Why do you use the razor razors you use?

Who uses only one?

I use mostly traditional straight razors. Lately I have favoured new German and vintage Sheffield blades. Why, I don't know. It's just a feel-good thing. All my straight razors shave about equally well after I get them to my shave-ready standard.

I will probably change to some of my Japanese SR's next - for the same reason.

OCD, addictive personality, childish need for instant gratification, FOMO. Who knows? Certainly not me.
Gotta have em all, one in every model, and every model in every colour, and every one of them in every different length. :love::love::love::love:
Oh shit, I've fallen into a rabbit hole and can't get out!:oops:

Fatboy arrived today. In the ultrasonic right now.:cool:

You need a reason :unsure: For me it's all about how good is 1st pass WTG and how close it gets to BBS in those hard to get areas without causing irritation

Aesthetics help but I would be happy with a fugly razor that provided single pass WTG BBS and no irritation

Last edited:
Variety is the spice of life... And because I can! :LOL:

I could easily shave with one DE paired with a favourite blade but having a selection allows my skin to recover and I enjoy using the odd slant or OC when feeling lazy. :)

Well, I lately shave with straight razors only, baring the days I feel a bit shit and can't be arsed to do it. Those days I use a Schick.

Out of the dozens of different razors that have come and gone over the last few months, I feel nothing beats a good Solingen, they are absolutely stonking blades.

You need a reason :unsure: For me it's all about how good is 1st pass WTG and how close it gets to BBS in those hard to get areas without causing irritation

Aesthetics help but I would be happy with a fugly razor that provided single pass WTG BBS and no irritation
An astute response @Holiday - I concur.

I arrived at a preference for SE razors (particularly the Vector, though the Hawk V3 is an outstanding performer) largely because shaving both face and head on a daily basis needs my razor to be nimble and efficient, without being unnecessarily fierce. The closest I ever got to this performance with a DE was my R95 with the Gillette Yellow, a fine combination that was never that comfortable in my hand, and the more bulky head needs that bit more care shaving behind the ears.

Back when I used a straight, I could get an easy BBS on my face in nearly as short a time (though not without a mirror), but that would never have been the case navigating the blade out of the line of sight. I can easily use the SE razors with my eyes shut.