'Winner' blades from India (first impression).

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Today I tried my first Winner. I don't know about the choice of packaging with a photo of Tendulkar on it (and he has an 'Afro' hairdo too!).
That part is a bit weird, but may make sense to an Indian?
Anyway, to the blade...it's certainly smooth. Better than the Tigers and Tatra blades I tried recently.
Only tried one in the SS Karve #D plate so far but it seems promising.
Not super sharp though. Maybe it's a notch below a Gillette Black, but it was a drama free shave. No tugging, no weepers, no irritation.
No initial first pass 'roughness' that some blades exhibit.
I did a second pass over my chin area and it's not too bad.
Not as close a shave as my Gillette St.P blades and certainly no where near as good as a Kai or Feather, but...you get what you pay for.
They are cheap enough. I think they will be a use twice and bin them blade for me, but if you have softer whiskers (or your Missus needs a soft cutting blade for her leg shaves) then these are OK.
They are smooth and comfortable to use. If I bothered to do a 2 pass or 3 pass shave then they would produce a quite acceptable shave.
I will keep going on this blade to check it's longevity, and will try one in the Timeless too.
My first impression is that the blade is OK. Not stellar, not high performance. Just a blade that works without any drama, while producing a reasonable result.

4th shave today and the 'Winner' is still going OK.
I reckon I will get another shave out of it yet...maybe even get to 6 shaves.
These are not a bad blade at all.
Very smooth to start with and just stay smooth. Shave nicely, no drama.
Razorbladesclub has them at 39c each, or $10.79/55 (that's Kiwi Peso-Dollars so OZ dollars would be better priced).
I can see me getting more of these.

Do they have glue bumpsWAX DOTS?

:eek: How dare you???

Everyone knows they are wax dots!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and boy am i sick of them!!!
Still jetlagged and communicating about brushes via Email does that to your brain :( :( :(

I hate WAX DOTS as well...that's why I don't even consider blades that have them ;)

I don't like wax dots either, and the Winner has dots.
But they are only on one side anyway, and they are the tiniest wax dots I have ever seen.
Match head diameter or smaller..
I don't even bother to clean them off they are so small.
5th shave today and it's still a great shave. I certainly can't grizzle about the performance of these blades.

6th shave and still going OK.
It's just starting to feel tired, so I won't push it.
I know I could easily get another reasonable shave out of it, but I'm not into blade marathons.
This is a very good blade (for me). 6 shaves and still cutting smoothly...I'm very happy at that.
Any of you guys tried the 'Winner' yet?
If so, what's your thoughts?
I'm going to buy 100, that's how good they work for me (that could be 600 shaves worth!).

I've put it off but might get the 50+5 pack. Worth it for the packaging. Was going to get them from razorbladesclub and add the Sputnik blades ive wanted for forever but Sputnik prices have soared!:nailbiting: Might check the Bay for the winner.

I tried Sputnik but never really liked them. Still have some here...must give them another go and compare with the Winner.
Yes, a 50+5 pack...so I get 110 Winner blades...I can live with that.