Winter is for red wine

JugV2

Simply boring.
I like a red in winter.

I've been drinking a bit of Pepperjack Shiraz, and some Howling Wolves.

Did the usual tour of Margaret River when I first came to Perth a few years back and fell in love with the wines at Brown Hill Estate.

Anyone else a wino?

I used to be, but not touched a drop in Darwin since I moved here. There just isn't the choice that you get in larger cities up here. Ended up getting on quite well with the main wine guy at Dan Murphy's in Cairns, and he put us on to a few gooduns.

Some of the wines from getwinesdirect.com were crackers too.

Recently enjoyed a great weekend in the Hunter, which naturally involved lots of sampling.

I wouldn't call myself a wine person, but I do like a good red. One of the bottles we returned with was an excellent Shiraz from the Ivanhoe estate range. Really nice oak qualities to it.

Generally though, winter is for single malts :)

Used to be a white drinker, but now find them all either fruit bombs or citrus tarts.

Pretty much Red if I have wine. My tastes used to be more upmarket, but 3 kids put a stop to that, and slumming it around the $10 mark I haven't found anything I like a great deal better than Goundrey Cab Merlot.

Recently enjoyed a great weekend in the Hunter, which naturally involved lots of sampling.

I wouldn't call myself a wine person, but I do like a good red. One of the bottles we returned with was an excellent Shiraz from the Ivanhoe estate range. Really nice oak qualities to it.

Generally though, winter is for single malts :)

Ivanhoe is excellent, I used to drink a bit of that.

Used to be a white drinker, but now find them all either fruit bombs or citrus tarts.

Pretty much Red if I have wine. My tastes used to be more upmarket, but 3 kids put a stop to that, and slumming it around the $10 mark I haven't found anything I like a great deal better than Goundrey Cab Merlot.

If you are looking for decent yet cost effective, see if you can stretch to $15-$16 a bottle.
Jamiesons Run, Howling Wolves, Houghtons, Taylors, all of these are reasonable for under $20.