Wolfman open for sales?

My automated reply arrived today, which makes sense as I ordered the day after most of you did.
After enabling so many of you I felt guilty in not joining the Wolfman party.
Now we all just wait (and wait).
Hey Horse,

There’s a Karve SS and Charcoal Goods SS :happy: all you need to do is pick one.

got my initial email reply, but its a 'do not reply' email that states he will get in touch to finalize and make changes to the config.

im hoping we dont need to pay till its ready cos i aint got the $$ to throw at it atm.. the longer the better for me

Hi @todras was thinking back on the hardware pass around box where u kindly loaned out your wolfman wr1 which u mentioned having a standard gap.. what exactly was that gap, I remember being blown away by that combo

Hi @todras was thinking back on the hardware pass around box where u kindly loaned out your wolfman wr1 which u mentioned having a standard gap.. what exactly was that gap, I remember being blown away by that combo
0.61 is the standard WR1 gap mate (WR2 gaps operate totally differently as you would expect with the different geometry, with standard @ 0.95 in WR2 and IMHO much better shaver)

0.61 is the standard WR1 gap mate (WR2 gaps operate totally differently as you would expect with the different geometry, with standard @ 0.95 in WR2 and IMHO much better shaver)

thanks for that @Korbz

i am surprised as from memory i found that to be a quite efficient razor. Just for reference, do you have or have shaved with a Timeless 0.95, rockwell, R41 or RR GC .84?

what is it you like more about the WR2?

thanks for that @Korbz

i am surprised as from memory i found that to be a quite efficient razor. Just for reference, do you have or have shaved with a Timeless 0.95, rockwell, R41 or RR GC .84?

what is it you like more about the WR2?

Timeless (95 and 68), Rockwell, R41 and RR GC 68. I can get a bbs shave with the 0.61 WR1 in the same number of passes as the WR2 0.95, but found the WR2 to have less blade feel and smoother, and just gives me better results as a daily with 2 pass bbs. Others can give as good of a shave with maybe a little more effort (rockwell/game changer), or more concentration in the same number of passes (R41, Timeless), but none seem to do it as consistently and effortlessly as the WR2. It's just a top performer.

@Korbz is your WR2 an SB or OC?
I ordered a WR2 1.15 OC, but thanks to input from you guys I will scale that back to either .95 or 1.05.
I was intending on OC, but think that I will go with SB instead.
Good idea? Bad idea?

Timeless (95 and 68), Rockwell, R41 and RR GC 68. I can get a bbs shave with the 0.61 WR1 in the same number of passes as the WR2 0.95, but found the WR2 to have less blade feel and smoother, and just gives me better results as a daily with 2 pass bbs. Others can give as good of a shave with maybe a little more effort (rockwell/game changer), or more concentration in the same number of passes (R41, Timeless), but none seem to do it as consistently and effortlessly as the WR2. It's just a top performer.

thanks.. i am assuming that both WR1 0.61 and WR2 0.95 you mention are both SB?

@Korbz is your WR2 an SB or OC?
I ordered a WR2 1.15 OC, but thanks to input from you guys I will scale that back to either .95 or 1.05.
I was intending on OC, but think that I will go with SB instead.
Good idea? Bad idea?

from what i have read the WR1 OC v SB is smoother than the WR2 OC v SB, hopefully someone who has experience with both can confirm

i was going to order the 1.25 but if the wolfman i used was only the 0.61 WR1 i may go the 1.05 or 1.15 but will be a SB instead of OC

from what i have read the WR1 OC v SB is smoother than the WR2 OC v SB, hopefully someone who has experience with both can confirm

i was going to order the 1.25 but if the wolfman i used was only the 0.61 WR1 i may go the 1.05 or 1.15 but will be a SB instead of OC
Opinions vary, but in my experience (there are some here with lots more). I've got a 48/61 OC/SB WR1 and a 95 WR2 SB (tried a 61 SB). I've not used a WR2 OC. The WR2 95 is considerably smoother than the WR1 61 SB. The WR1 61 OC does a great job first pass for me wtg, then I switch to the 48 SB for the XTG/ATG passes. I've used the 61 OC in the XTG passes before, and was ok, but didn't provide any benefit over the WR2 95 SB which did just as good, if not better job, in the XTG pass.

Opinions vary, but in my experience (there are some here with lots more). I've got a 48/61 OC/SB WR1 and a 95 WR2 SB (tried a 61 SB). I've not used a WR2 OC. The WR2 95 is considerably smoother than the WR1 61 SB. The WR1 61 OC does a great job first pass for me wtg, then I switch to the 48 SB for the XTG/ATG passes. I've used the 61 OC in the XTG passes before, and was ok, but didn't provide any benefit over the WR2 95 SB which did just as good, if not better job, in the XTG pass.

So the OC is OK?

the SB is Slightly Better?

The WR2 > WR1

95 < 61

XTG and ATG are OK

No WTG?

Is everybody keeping up?

This Wolfman stuff is all just too hard - buy a bloody vintage adjustable!

So the OC is OK?

The WR2 > WR1

95 < 61

XTG and ATG are OK

No WTG?

Is everybody keeping up?

You’re not factoring in the higher WR2 gaps yet! Then add shims for good measure.

So the OC is OK?

The WR2 > WR1

95 < 61

XTG and ATG are OK

No WTG?

Is everybody keeping up?

Thinking this needs a spreadsheet!

my tldr - my favourite is the 95 WR2 (thanks to @Errol for his weekly razor review which made the decision easy)