Wolfman Orders

Thanks, that would be great. My main razors in rotation presently are Lupo 95, Rocca r95, Karve SB Stainless E-plate and a Fatip Grande. For some reason, I reach for the Lupo 75% of the time as it just always delivers an amazing shave with no irritation.

I'm not convinced a Wolfman can be any better but probably won't be satisfied until I try one, so I plan to bite the bullet and at least pick a up a wr2 head. Getting some feedback from a member familiar with the Lupo 95 will go a long way in helping make my choice.

its a tough one, i still dont know if the Wolfman is 'better' than the lupo or Rocca (i also have a Rocca R94, 95, 96). The build and craftmanship certainly is better but does it shave better? very subjective, but you are correct you will only know if you use one.. they are certainly awesome razors

Is your Rocca a V4? there is quite a difference between versions from what I have read.

Have you tried your Rocca with a polsilver/wizamet blade? for me this is a perfect match and delivers a super smooth BBS finish without any fear or hassles of irritation.

so which do i think is best? I cannot really pick a winner and truly love both Lupo's, the Rocca's and the WR2

Does the WR2 1.45 deliver a more efficient shave than the Lupo 95?, ABSOLUTELY.
DOES WR2 1.45 DELIVER a smoother shave than the Lupo 95? ABSOLUTLEY.
Is WR2 1.45 as agile for difficult to reach areas as the lupo 95?, THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME.
Would the average shaver think the WR2 1.45 is too much of razor to use as a daily shaver?, ABSOLUTELY
Which razor do I I reach for more often?, LUPO 95
Why?, For a daily shaver it's a better option as it allows me to shave daily comfortably.

I can defiantly shave with the WR2 1.45 for a few days in a row or use as a every second day shaver, as a daily shaver there are better options to avoid irritation. Typically when I shave with this razor it gives me BBS in two passes so there is no need to shave the next day. The 1.25 like @StratMan has may be a better option as an all-rounder or even the 1.35 if you like more efficient type shaves. Due to demand Wolfman now produce a 1.65 in the WR2. That's some serious blade gap. :)

The other things worth considering are if you shave ATG for BBS or happy to go WTG for DFS+? and also how efficient do you want the razor? all will give you BBS if used ATG but a more efficient razor will slow the return of the hairs considerably.

so for me when I go BBS i really dont have too much to shave of the next day, and if I only continue with highly efficient razors with ATG passes irritation will occur to some degree.

I tried settling for a DFS shave but it just doesnt do it for me so BBS and ATG all the way baby.. which means for me I need to switch between efficient/mild razors to still get BBS but save the skin

Thanks for the heads up. Now just to decide which WR2 gap would be the equivalent or perhaps one notch up compared to my Lupo 95 efficiency-wise. I'm thinking maybe 1.15
Having tested the WR2 standard 95 gap and 1.05 gap I noticed very little difference and a less efficient shave as compared with the standard WR1.
Judging by the consensus from a majority of reviews I notice a preference for the 1.25 as by all accounts it shaves close but retains the customary smoothness from the WR2.
I believe you'd need to go every second gap before you'd start to notice a difference in extra blade feel as the WR2 stays forgiving with some users opting for extreme 1.55+ gaps before they felt any really blade.
Now the WR1 is a different matter as it tends to get more aggressive up the gaps but the shaves the standard WR1 gave were like a knife through hot butter. There's a tad more blade feel but than the WR2 but both set the standard for comfortable shaves... YMMV

its a tough one, i still dont know if the Wolfman is 'better' than the lupo or Rocca (i also have a Rocca R94, 95, 96). The build and craftmanship certainly is better but does it shave better? very subjective, but you are correct you will only know if you use one.. they are certainly awesome razors

Is your Rocca a V4? there is quite a difference between versions from what I have read.

Have you tried your Rocca with a polsilver/wizamet blade? for me this is a perfect match and delivers a super smooth BBS finish without any fear or hassles of irritation.

so which do i think is best? I cannot really pick a winner and truly love both Lupo's, the Rocca's and the WR2

My Rocca is v4 and I get very nice shaves from it with Minora Stainless. I've yet to try the Polsilver or Wizamet although I have a small stash of both. I'll give one a try. I actually enjoy the Rocca more than my Karve although in fairness, the karve is my newest addition. Something about the thicker guard bar on it is hard for me to get used to, but I'm persevering... shaved with it yesterday in fact with good results.

Having tested the WR2 standard 95 gap and 1.05 gap I noticed very little difference and a less efficient shave as compared with the standard WR1.
Judging by the consensus from a majority of reviews I notice a preference for the 1.25 as by all accounts it shaves close but retains the customary smoothness from the WR2.
I believe you'd need to go every second gap before you'd start to notice a difference in extra blade feel as the WR2 stays forgiving with some users opting for extreme 1.55+ gaps before they felt any really blade.
Now the WR1 is a different matter as it tends to get more aggressive up the gaps but the shaves the standard WR1 gave were like a knife through hot butter. There's a tad more blade feel but than the WR2 but both set the standard for comfortable shaves... YMMV
Just for clarification I'm yet to try the Lupo 95 but from all accounts its a worthy match the WR2 95 and I'd love to try one eventually as its a cheaper option over the WR2 95 which wasn't efficient enough for my needs.
I too enjoy my Rocca V4's as they stack up well to the Wolfman and paired with a Wizamet SI the shaves are super smooth and BBS ATG, XTG, WTG.

My Rocca is v4 and I get very nice shaves from it with Minora Stainless. I've yet to try the Polsilver or Wizamet although I have a small stash of both. I'll give one a try. I actually enjoy the Rocca more than my Karve although in fairness, the karve is my newest addition. Something about the thicker guard bar on it is hard for me to get used to, but I'm persevering... shaved with yesterday in fact with good results.

I have used the Minora's in the Rocca V4, decent shave but much prefer the polsilver/wizamet in them for sure.. not quite as sharp as the Minoras (but still pretty sharp) but i find them a lot smoother. For me this combo is so smooth and safe I do 4 passes (2xATG) and end up with a hassle free BBS)

Mind you my chase for BBS only allows me to use a blade 2 or 3 times before I ditch it but with the cost of blades being so cheap I dont care

Let me know what you think of this combo when you try it next

My Rocca is v4 and I get very nice shaves from it with Minora Stainless. I've yet to try the Polsilver or Wizamet although I have a small stash of both. I'll give one a try. I actually enjoy the Rocca more than my Karve although in fairness, the karve is my newest addition. Something about the thicker guard bar on it is hard for me to get used to, but I'm persevering... shaved with yesterday in fact with good results.
Minora + Rocca is shaving bliss with Wizamet a good second. I'd compare the WR2 95 to the Karve D plate as a close shave but the Rocca gives me a longer and even shave with 10-12 hrs of even regrowth. I'd love to try E-G plates but not convinced the Karve shaves any better than the Rocca but others rate the higher plates as smooth & close...???

Minora + Rocca is shaving bliss with Wizamet a good second. I'd compare the WR2 95 to the Karve D plate as a close shave but the Rocca gives me a longer and even shave with 10-12 hrs of even regrowth. I'd love to try E-G plates but not convinced the Karve shaves any better than the Rocca but others rate the higher plates as smooth & close...???

lol YMMV strikes again.. i prefer wizamet to minora's (with the rocca)

I actually enjoy the Rocca more than my Karve although in fairness, the karve is my newest addition. Something about the thicker guard bar on it is hard for me to get used to, but I'm persevering... shaved with it yesterday in fact with good results.
Hi @Sweeney_ I noticed your are on Karve SB-E Plate. I found this a tad too aggressive and it affected my ability to achieve BBS under the neck. Downgraded to E plate for both SB and OC and they are sublime actually the OC-D is my preferred Karve configuration. Had a WR2 1.5 OC and
a.) it was not agressive enough and would definitely go 1.25
b.) was not as smooth under the jawline as Lupo 95
c.) I will likely go with the Blackland Vector before being tempted to try another Wolfman

Having tested the WR2 standard 95
Sadly that seems to price me out for the forseeable future...1000AUD for a Ti razor with handle 😭😭😭

However I am very glad James can demand these prices...his craftsmanship is simply out of this world!

A full polished SS is over $1000 now. :oops:

Lucky I got mine when I did., thanks family.:)

I'll admit I kinda regret not jumping on the Wolfman earlier as the craftmanship and shaving geometry is shaving bliss but then again the novelty has worn off and the asking price is very steep for the next step up from what I already own and enjoy.
I guess what I'm trying to say is wet shaving blasphemy but I tend to lean more towards @Gargravarr in leaning towards the Vector as I'm yet to read of anybody regretting their purchase and I'd like the next "premium razor" to be the last major investment I make and move on some neglect DEs that don't get as much usage

I'll admit I kinda regret not jumping on the Wolfman earlier as the craftmanship and shaving geometry is shaving bliss but then again the novelty has worn off and the asking price is very steep for the next step up from what I already own and enjoy.
I guess what I'm trying to say is wet shaving blasphemy but I tend to lean more towards @Gargravarr in leaning towards the Vector as I'm yet to read of anybody regretting their purchase and I'd like the next "premium razor" to be the last major investment I make and move on some neglect DEs that don't get as much usage
Put it this way… I haven’t signed up to the waitlist…

I'm told someone once put up a Vector on the BST on that minor US forum. But then, a large number of Americans voted for... ummm, never mind. Suffice to say, the Vector has effectively killed my RAD, and I'm not even faintly contemplating putting my name down for any kind of wolfperson.

I'm told someone once put up a Vector on the BST on that minor US forum. But then, a large number of Americans voted for... ummm, never mind. Suffice to say, the Vector has effectively killed my RAD, and I'm not even faintly contemplating putting my name down for any kind of wolfperson.
a9In1qS.jpg

You just need to order a Ti Vector and move on that heavy old SS model to satisfy RAD for another year :)

Edit: Move the SS model on to this deserving P&C member of course :)

Last edited:
Yeah I recall seeing somebody in B&B willing to BST a Titanium one as it was too light but then again he was comparing to the original one which was his holy grail razor. I really like what Shane of Blacklands produces and as nice as a Blackbird in Brass or Titanium would be I believe it would be too harsh so inclined to give an AC SE razor a go as the slim design ticks plenty of boxes... A shame the exchange rate is so bad as $650+ AUD alone is a big investment not to mention needing extra blades but it would go a long way to curing my RAD... :)

Yeah I recall seeing somebody in B&B willing to BST a Titanium one as it was too light but then again he was comparing to the original one which was his holy grail razor. I really like what Shane of Blacklands produces and as nice as a Blackbird in Brass or Titanium would be I believe it would be too harsh so inclined to give an AC SE razor a go as the slim design ticks plenty of boxes... A shame the exchange rate is so bad as $650+ AUD alone is a big investment not to mention needing extra blades but it would go a long way to curing my RAD... :)

Unleash your sabbatical repression, now is the time!!!:LOL:

You just need to order a Ti Vector and move on that heavy old SS model to satisfy RAD for another year :)

Edit: Move the SS model on to this deserving P&C member of course :)
Sorry, not going to happen. :LOL: The most that could happen is I order a Ti version to keep AS WELL as the SS model. After all, I might need a backup... :unsure: I have daymares (I think that's a cromulent word) about dropping and breaking my razor... :eek:

Thanks, that would be great. My main razors in rotation presently are Lupo 95, Rocca r95, Karve SB Stainless E-plate and a Fatip Grande. For some reason, I reach for the Lupo 75% of the time as it just always delivers an amazing shave with no irritation.

I'm not convinced a Wolfman can be any better but probably won't be satisfied until I try one, so I plan to bite the bullet and at least pick a up a wr2 head. Getting some feedback from a member familiar with the Lupo 95 will go a long way in helping make my choice.

So to put things in context, same soap and blade were used just different razor..

Got a close shave from the Lupo 95 but it def wasnt anywhere near as smooth as the WR2 1.25 + feather combo. Not the best pairing with the Lupo but no dramas either.

I would say the WR2 1.25 is a notch up in efficiency than the lupo 95 and way smoother with a feather. Also feels like night and day in the hand with the WR2 feeling it is of exceptional build quality.

This is not to bag the Lupo at all, i love this razor and shaves smooth as silk with a wizamet, gillette 7 oclock yellow, german wilkie and Minora just not the best pairing with the feather. But for some reason the WR2 1.25 and feather combo is super smooth and sharp, it just works.

Going to get to know the WR2 over the next few shaves.. will pair it with all my favourite blades and see how it goes

51611307332_e2972b2b45_b.jpg

So to put things in context, same soap and blade were used just different razor..

Got a close shave from the Lupo 95 but it def wasnt anywhere near as smooth as the WR2 1.25 + feather combo. Not the best pairing with the Lupo but no dramas either.

I would say the WR2 1.25 is a notch up in efficiency than the lupo 95 and way smoother with a feather. Also feels like night and day in the hand with the WR2 feeling it is of exceptional build quality.

This is not to bag the Lupo at all, i love this razor and shaves smooth as silk with a wizamet, gillette 7 oclock yellow, german wilkie and Minora just not the best pairing with the feather. But for some reason the WR2 1.25 and feather combo is super smooth and sharp, it just works.

Going to get to know the WR2 over the next few shaves.. will pair it with all my favourite blades and see how it goes

51611307332_e2972b2b45_b.jpg

Thanks @StratMan for the confirmation on the Lupo 95 efficiency in relation to the WR2.. always thought it was around the 1.25 range. Can confirm that even the 1.45 WR2 is smoother than the Lupo 95, which makes sense as the WR2 is generally considered smoother than the WR1, while the WR1 is slightly more agile than the WR2.