Wolfman Orders

Thanks @StratMan for the confirmation on the Lupo 95 efficiency in relation to the WR2.. always thought it was around the 1.25 range. Can confirm that even the 1.45 WR2 is smoother than the Lupo 95, which makes sense as the WR2 is generally considered smoother than the WR1, while the WR1 is slightly more agile than the WR2.

no worries @rhodes96 I was quite interested in it myself and although a bit more efficient it certainly wanst a huge difference like say the R41.

The WR2 is def an amazing razor, just got to pick the right gap for its intended use. At first I wasnt overly impressed with the 1.25 as it left me with weepers and couldnt really shave more than 2 days in a row with it..

but once you get all the moons to align with the right touch (especially with the solid handle), perfect lather and nice blade, its just an amazingly smooth razor that leave no irritation and or weepers.. going to see if I can shave daily with it (ATG and BBS are pre-requisites for me)

Out of curiosity have you used a R41? if so how does it rate against the 1.45 in efficiency?

Minora + Rocca is shaving bliss with Wizamet a good second. I'd compare the WR2 95 to the Karve D plate as a close shave but the Rocca gives me a longer and even shave with 10-12 hrs of even regrowth. I'd love to try E-G plates but not convinced the Karve shaves any better than the Rocca but others rate the higher plates as smooth & close...???

I think my Rocca performs as well if not better than my Karve SB-E. Granted, I'm still getting familiar with the Karve (maybe 4 or 5 shaves) but the Rocca seems a bit more intuitive for my shaves. I love the Rocca and hope to love the stainless karve - the satin finish is amazing - but the jury is still out.
lol YMMV strikes again.. i prefer wizamet to minora's (with the rocca)

I tried a Rocca + Tabac + Wizamet for my shave today with great results. Plan to keep the rocca paired with wizamets through the weekend then perhaps try Gillette spoilers next time around. I have way too many blades to choose from. Ikr, I need help.
Hi @Sweeney_ I noticed your are on Karve SB-E Plate. I found this a tad too aggressive and it affected my ability to achieve BBS under the neck. Downgraded to E plate for both SB and OC and they are sublime actually the OC-D is my preferred Karve configuration. Had a WR2 1.5 OC and
a.) it was not agressive enough and would definitely go 1.25
b.) was not as smooth under the jawline as Lupo 95
c.) I will likely go with the Blackland Vector before being tempted to try another Wolfman

Thanks for that, I'm was already considering dropping back to a D plate for my SB. The E seems a bit much for my old neck. As for the Vector, if you enjoy the AC format then you'll likely love it. I just sold my Vector Ti, but not due to performance. It was a phenomenal shave and perhaps the most efficient razor I've tried yet. Amazing I admit but I just couldn't get a rapport going with the wider AC head. Probably my loss and I suffer from a wee bit of seller's remorse but alas, I think I'm a DE man at heart. My brief flirtation with straight razors ended up the same.

So to put things in context, same soap and blade were used just different razor..

Got a close shave from the Lupo 95 but it def wasnt anywhere near as smooth as the WR2 1.25 + feather combo. Not the best pairing with the Lupo but no dramas either.

I would say the WR2 1.25 is a notch up in efficiency than the lupo 95 and way smoother with a feather. Also feels like night and day in the hand with the WR2 feeling it is of exceptional build quality.

This is not to bag the Lupo at all, i love this razor and shaves smooth as silk with a wizamet, gillette 7 oclock yellow, german wilkie and Minora just not the best pairing with the feather. But for some reason the WR2 1.25 and feather combo is super smooth and sharp, it just works.

Going to get to know the WR2 over the next few shaves.. will pair it with all my favourite blades and see how it goes

51611307332_e2972b2b45_b.jpg

Thanks @StratMan for the confirmation on the Lupo 95 efficiency in relation to the WR2.. always thought it was around the 1.25 range. Can confirm that even the 1.45 WR2 is smoother than the Lupo 95, which makes sense as the WR2 is generally considered smoother than the WR1, while the WR1 is slightly more agile than the WR2.

Great. Just the sort of feedback I was after. Presently, I'm leaning towards wr2 1.15 or 1.25. Probably more towards the 1.25. Ta mates.

Presently, I'm leaning towards wr2 1.15 or 1.25. Probably more towards the 1.25.
Yes, get the 1.25 WR2. In fact...get the 1.25 DC...trust me on this.
I had the 1.15 DC and it was a lovely razor. Great shave too...but I soon found that I should have bought the 1.25 as I had plenty of other razors that were as effective as the 1.15 (not as nice, not as smooth, but reached the same shave result).
Sold the WR2 here on BST and haven't yet spent the $$ on a replacement razor.
I have kept my polished ss Timeless with both .68 and .95 OC plates (usual shave is .95 OC).
I have kept my ss Karve with SB plates #C to #G (usual shave is #F plate).
Currently those two are my usual 'go-to' razors. So obviously I like a more assertive razor.
May possibly entertain the idea of a Flexi one day though.

Great. Just the sort of feedback I was after. Presently, I'm leaning towards wr2 1.15 or 1.25. Probably more towards the 1.25. Ta mates.
Happy to offer some advice and look forward to seeing what your thoughts if you decide to take the plunge and invest in a Wolfman.
If you're super desperate than go hard for the Charity Auction one as no need to wait 8 mths or postage and the WR1 standard offers some of the best shaves I've experienced using a DE razor.

no worries @rhodes96 I was quite interested in it myself and although a bit more efficient it certainly wanst a huge difference like say the R41.

The WR2 is def an amazing razor, just got to pick the right gap for its intended use. At first I wasnt overly impressed with the 1.25 as it left me with weepers and couldnt really shave more than 2 days in a row with it..

but once you get all the moons to align with the right touch (especially with the solid handle), perfect lather and nice blade, its just an amazingly smooth razor that leave no irritation and or weepers.. going to see if I can shave daily with it (ATG and BBS are pre-requisites for me)

Out of curiosity have you used a R41? if so how does it rate against the 1.45 in efficiency?

Oh yes I have used the R41.:(

WR2 1.45 is a touch more efficient than the R41, infinitely smoother, more agile, build quality is exceptional.

It's like comparing a tractor (R41) to the latest Bentley (WR2), My R41 plus alot of other razors I will be BST''ing shortly. Hopefully someone else will enjoy them. No use looking at razors I will never use. Same with brushes, time to clean up before I dismantle the shave den.

As much as I like efficient razors I have never got on with the R41. In general I don't like Open Comb or scalloped plate razors. It's the general lack of smoothness which annoys me. Smoothness , agility, efficiency are the three most important characteristics of a razor I look at.

Oh yes I have used the R41.:(

WR2 1.45 is a touch more efficient than the R41, infinitely smoother, more agile, build quality is exceptional.

It's like comparing a tractor (R41) to the latest Bentley (WR2), My R41 plus alot of other razors I will be BST''ing shortly. Hopefully someone else will enjoy them. No use looking at razors I will never use. Same with brushes, time to clean up before I dismantle the shave den.

As much as I like efficient razors I have never got on with the R41. In general I don't like Open Comb or scalloped plate razors. It's the general lack of smoothness which annoys me. Smoothness , agility, efficiency are the three most important characteristics of a razor I look at.

hmmm, I really like my R41. In saying that I ONLY like it when I am riding the cap otherwise its too rough for me, so maybe the 1.45 would be good for me.. anyway at that price one Wolf is enough for me

hmmm, I really like my R41. In saying that I ONLY like it when I am riding the cap otherwise its too rough for me, so maybe the 1.45 would be good for me.. anyway at that price one Wolf is enough for me

You can purchase the plates without having to purchase an entire razor. This still requires the wait list.

gave the WR2 another go today with the wizamet and WOW!!! I thought the feather was smooth in the wolf, this is much smoother.. so much so, i got lulled into a false sense of security and proceeded with a heavier touch than usual.. Resulted in a super close shave but bordering a bit much, luckily for me on the right side of the border :)

this may be my hail combo

51616113653_524d7f8fc8_b.jpg

gave the WR2 another go today with the wizamet and WOW!!! I thought the feather was smooth in the wolf, this is much smoother.. so much so, i got lulled into a false sense of security and proceeded with a heavier touch than usual.. Resulted in a super close shave but bordering a bit much, luckily for me on the right side of the border :)

this may be my hail combo

51616113653_524d7f8fc8_b.jpg
Don’t forget to howl like a Wolfe louder, so @alfredus can hear many miles away from another state.

giphy.gif

Looking for a Wolfman - look at the 2021 Paste & Cut Charity Auction!

Bidding closes Saturday, 23rd October 2021 at 12.00pm AEDT unless extended in accordance with the rules.

Check out the items here