Wolfman Woes

Errol

Razor Review Guru

My latest razor acquisitions is this WR2 WRH3 Titanium DC. Imagine my heart down around my ankles when I downloaded the photos just now and saw the blade alignment. What to do? Should I try to contact the seller, should I contact James, should I just put it away and just look and admire?

I grabbed the razor that was sitting on the desk and had a visual. Yes – confirmed; that blade is not sitting square. I disassembled the razor, twisted the blade and there was movement between the blade tab and the four retaining posts on the cap (WR2). I then grabbed another blade and tried it for fit; no movement and the blade was sitting square. Gooooood! Problem solved and worth remembering for future reference.

I have three DE blades that are totally blunt (I could ride from here to Bourke on them and not cut myself) that are kept to put in razors for photos. One of those is the blade used this morning. There are no markings on that blade, it was either not there or has rubbed off so I cannot tell you what brand it was. Recently @Mark1966 commented on blade misalignment in a photo I posted so it was probably that same blade. All’s well that ends well.

giphy.gif

Glad you don’t have a dud mate - but really I’m still blaming those Wolfies for the problem ...

A DC? Good man @Errol that's what I had...best of both worlds.
What gap?
Yeah, looking forward to the review as I still haven't found that grail razor yet.
Maybe you need to stop hunting your holy grail razor and choose the best you have got in your den with the perfect blade.

Yeah @SpeedyPC the Karve with #F plate is the go at the moment.
Works well with any blade, but most of my blades are PPI with the odd foray with a Feather or Kai (so I'm using 'good' blades anyway).
My grail may indeed just be the Karve (certainly not the Rocca). My Timeless? Hmmm...may have to try another baseplate with that one yet.

A DC? Good man @Errol that's what I had...best of both worlds.
What gap?
Yeah, looking forward to the review as I still haven't found that grail razor yet.

This one is a bit of an odd ball and not what I’d have specified if it was my initial purchase. SB - 0.90, OC - 1.10. I’ve grown used to the thought of the odd plate and looking forward to putting a blade in it one day. I just know I’ll be checking blade alignment when I use a WR2 in future.

Maybe you need to stop hunting your holy grail razor and choose the best you have got in your den with the perfect blade.

This advice is for me was spot on.(y)

Finding the perfect razor and blade combo is like a lock and key, once you unlock the combo, it's pure shaving bliss.

Gooooood! Problem solved and worth remembering for future reference.
Glad it was not a dud and you have been spared the pain of dealing with returning a defected razor @Errol. Given the quality of Wolfman razors I am sure the manufacturer would have over compensated for such a flaw

My latest razor acquisitions is this WR2 WRH3 Titanium DC. Imagine my heart down around my ankles when I downloaded the photos just now and saw the blade alignment. What to do? Should I try to contact the seller, should I contact James, should I just put it away and just look and admire?

I grabbed the razor that was sitting on the desk and had a visual. Yes – confirmed; that blade is not sitting square. I disassembled the razor, twisted the blade and there was movement between the blade tab and the four retaining posts on the cap (WR2). I then grabbed another blade and tried it for fit; no movement and the blade was sitting square. Gooooood! Problem solved and worth remembering for future reference.

I have three DE blades that are totally blunt (I could ride from here to Bourke on them and not cut myself) that are kept to put in razors for photos. One of those is the blade used this morning. There are no markings on that blade, it was either not there or has rubbed off so I cannot tell you what brand it was. Recently @Mark1966 commented on blade misalignment in a photo I posted so it was probably that same blade. All’s well that ends well.
Good pickup - I also noticed the difference in the blade alignment mechanism when I acquired a WR2 to match my WR1. Fortunately, I have not have any alignment mishaps, but I can understand how it happened, as the fit is quite snug with the WR2.