Woolen dress socks

David7307

Where i come from all mens cloth shops have closed down , and i need to find some woolen dress socks,I can find work socks any where
can any one recommend a good on line store where i can buy good quality clothing (socks)

Woollen dress socks are hard to come by and generally expensive.

If there a particular reason for wool?

They keep your toesies warm and cool, self regulating and dryer, natural, less smelly than cotton and synthetic blends. Don't burn off if you stick then too close to the hearth. Dry quite quickly and when they get a hole in them you can use them as mittens.

@David7307 I'd look them up online so you can see some users reviews. As durability is sometimes a hit & miss between brands. My last two pairs of Aldi wool socks shrunk even with wool wash (never again).

Where i come from all mens cloth shops have closed down , and i need to find some woolen dress socks,I can find work socks any where
can any one recommend a good on line store where i can buy good quality clothing (socks)

Tell me about it!

Wool are better!

They keep your toesies warm and cool, self regulating and dryer, natural, less smelly than cotton and synthetic blends. Don't burn off if you stick then too close to the hearth. Dry quite quickly and when they get a hole in them you can use them as mittens.

@David7307 I'd look them up online so you can see some users reviews. As durability is sometimes a hit & miss between brands. My last two pairs of Aldi wool socks shrunk even with wool wash (never again).

Like he said!

I've used these in winter as a dress sock in CBR - https://www.macpac.com.au/mens/footwear/socks/macpac-merino-rouleur-crew-socks-v2/114573.html?

A mate swears by the merino/possum socks - https://www.mongrelsocks.com/new-70g-possum-merino-socks or https://www.tasmanianmarket.com.au/possum-merino-socks-denim/ - not sure where he gets them from

Tell me about it!Wool are better!

I was asking as there is sometimes specific reasons like eczema or other skin conditions, excessively sweaty feet, bad circulation etc.

I generally wear Bamboo, or Bamboo/Cotton blends which work well for me. That said I don't live in Tassie (or Canberra). The straight bamboo (rayon from Bamboo Cellulose) is especially good when I my Dyshidrotic Eczema is playing up.

I was asking as there is sometimes specific reasons like eczema or other skin conditions, excessively sweaty feet, bad circulation etc.

I generally wear Bamboo, or Bamboo/Cotton blends which work well for me. That said I don't live in Tassie (or Canberra). The straight bamboo (rayon from Bamboo Cellulose) is especially good when I my Dyshidrotic Eczema is playing up.

Good points - and I've heard some really positive things about Bamboo too

Same thing for Bamboo socks and they’re fantastic as well for normal dress wear, dinner dress wear and business dress wear.

Any bamboo sock recommended?

Some of the Bamboo ones can get quite expensive, especially the high-end ones as they are well loved in Asia.

You can get a bamboo sock in Kmart of all places. I have some dress socks from there but I didn't see any today when my other half dragged me in there. Those ones were not really true to size and also seemed to stretch a bit. There was a thicker double layer 'work sock' with a poly outer and Bamboo inner. Looked ok but never bought those before.

I usually get mine at Pussyfoot socks in Melbourne, they also have these awesome copper socks too which I really love but they are expensive. If your feet have skin problem like mine do then they work really well.

I have bamboo work sock I think they were $15 a pair (king gee) really good socks soft on the foot and my feet don't get hot
even in summer but they take ages to dry in the winter
does anyone know if you can put them in the dryer?

Came in to mention bamboo, yet see mindereader Monsta has already done so!

@Paul Smith Low heat only and don't use a fabric softener with them!