Work in progress .....

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG

These are the components of a proposed restore/renovation of a early to mid 20th century brush. Thanks again to @boldsworth. The knot I will fit is a 20mm First class Silver tip badger set at 50mm. Normally this brush had a black Bakelite ferrule to hold the knot but time had not treated it well so I made my own interpretation from brushed Aluminium. It stands 127mm high. I will finish the wood with Danish oil.

Nice work Baldy! Classic.

I have finished the Rubberset brush renovation. I repaired the black collar that was originally on the brush so kept it as close as possible to the original brush. I will use the aluminium collar I made on another handle with the next brush I restore. Originally the knot was either a boar or a horse hair knot. The original badger knot I posted was just a smidge too big for the opening in the black collar but luckily the postie arrived with another badger knot from China so I ended up using a different 20mm knot which just fitted. I gave the timber multiple coats of Danish oil and the result is pleasing. The brush is excellent to use.

I have finished the Rubberset brush renovation. I repaired the black collar that was originally on the brush so kept it as close as possible to the original brush. I will use the aluminium collar I made on another handle with the next brush I restore. Originally the knot was either a boar or a horse hair knot. The original badger knot I posted was just a smidge too big for the opening in the black collar but luckily the postie arrived with another badger knot from China so I ended up using a different 20mm knot which just fitted. I gave the timber multiple coats of Danish oil and the result is pleasing. The brush is excellent to use.

Hey! Looks great.

Sensational stuff mate!

This looks truly stellar @bald as - very well done (y)

Now I know, why you haven't been answering my Email :D :D :D

I hope you will bring the brush along on Sunday!

It looks fantastic. Well done.