Worst razor that you have tried

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
We tend to praise and gush over razors that we like but what about the truly horrible razors that should never have seen the light of day? Some razor are like cream and they rise to the top, while the Focus R 48 is a turd that sinks to the bottom (hopefully never to be seen again). This razor is a single edge design with a head that pivots and uses DE blades that you break in half. The pivoting head concept is kind of like that of the Oneblade Genesis except that the Oneblade uses FHS-10 single edge blades and the Oneblade actually works. When it comes to a crappy experience this razor is a 10. The loading of the blade is fiddly, tedious, hazardous and the shave is just awful; lots of nicks and cuts to go along with the razor burn. I still have the Focus and will never sell it, because if you don’t experience the lows then you will never appreciate the highs. Anyway, what is your truly awful razor?

Well I've not actually tried it, but that Wolfman ... :ROFLMAO:

We tend to praise and gush over razors that we like but what about the truly horrible razors that should never have seen the light of day? Some razor are like cream and they rise to the top, while the Focus R 48 is a turd that sinks to the bottom (hopefully never to be seen again). This razor is a single edge design with a head that pivots and uses DE blades that you break in half. The pivoting head concept is kind of like that of the Oneblade Genesis except that the Oneblade uses FHS-10 single edge blades and the Oneblade actually works. When it comes to a crappy experience this razor is a 10. The loading of the blade is fiddly, tedious, hazardous and the shave is just awful; lots of nicks and cuts to go along with the razor burn. I still have the Focus and will never sell it, because if you don’t experience the lows then you will never appreciate the highs. Anyway, what is your truly awful razor?
The focus Slim Al is probably the best shavette made.
True however, the R48 has few friends

Muhle R98 & Gillette Black Beauty I think 77. Just did not get along with these two. Moved them on (Enabling) to new homes.

The focus Slim Al is probably the best shavette made.
True however, the R48 has few friends
I actually like the R41 as it was one of the first razors I tried and it worked for me. True, it is not a daily shaver and it is a fairly aggressive razor but it is not a bad razor; - it won’t cut you if you pay attention to the shave.

Speaking of awful razors, has anyone tried the DE razor that Woolworths was selling recently? From memory, it was less than $20 and the head was similar to a Bevel safety razor.

Speaking of awful razors, has anyone tried the DE razor that Woolworths was selling recently? From memory, it was less than $20 and the head was similar to a Bevel safety razor.
It would be a pity if a newbie bought one of these when he could buy a decent quality Gillette Tech clone for the same price.

The only bad razor was a $20 cheap adjustable TTO from eBay and Woolworths Wilkies.
This was bad enough to put me off DE shaving until @astinus4 and #Lurker convinced me to try the Merkur 34C and sample pack of blades.
Luckily there were enough 1/2 decent blades in the sample pack to get me hooked.

For me its the PAA Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic Slant Razor. It sits in its box as every time I use it I end up butchered that I give up mid shave. Have only managed one full shave as its too harsh no matter the blade or angle!

Also the iKon Tech which is an R41 on 'roids' and way too harsh for my liking but happy to keep it as its near unobtainable :doctor:

Woolworths Wilkies.
Not having a go at the Woolies Wilkies they were 1/2 decent, always attainable, and better than most in the sample pack.

giphy.gif

For me its the PAA Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic Slant Razor. It sits in its box as every time I use it I end up butchered that I give up mid shave. Have only managed one full shave as its too harsh no matter the blade or angle!

Also the iKon Tech which is an R41 on 'roids' and way too harsh for my liking but happy to keep it as its near unobtainable :doctor:
Have tried the Ikon Tech and yes aggressive and efficient but the lightest of touches and right angle does shave well.
Always wanted to try the PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant Razor, may look into this one.