Worst razor that you have tried

Chinese crap typically found on the discount sites.

My first razor was a Parker something but the blade gap was wildly out of whack, made the early days a bit special.

I have been using the Karve razor for a week now and there is good chance that it will be joining my list of crappy razors. Lots of blade feel on plate B and even more on plate C. I’m not game to try plate D. I didn’t cut or nick myself but all the shaves were uncomfortable and my face afterwards felt raw and red. I’ve ordered plates A and AA to see if the shaves improve. The handle is nice though.

Rockwell Model T. Took two shaves to realise I was never going to love it as much as I wanted (I was an early backer, so had been waiting patiently 3 years for it to be delivered).
Also had some inexcusable QC issues that should never be seen on a $150 razor that had been in development/production for so long.

The shaving cream however, is a delight to use. Nice classic barbershop scent and lathers up superbly.

For me its the PAA Bakelite Alpha Ecliptic Slant Razor. It sits in its box as every time I use it I end up butchered that I give up mid shave. Have only managed one full shave as its too harsh no matter the blade or angle!

Also the iKon Tech which is an R41 on 'roids' and way too harsh for my liking but happy to keep it as its near unobtainable :doctor:
I agree about the Eliptic Slant. I used mine once. First time I ever did this to a razor. I can't walk by the storage cabinet without getting scared.

I agree about the Eliptic Slant. I used mine once. First time I ever did this to a razor. I can't walk by the storage cabinet without getting scared.
I can understand the concept with the design as I see West Coast Shaving employing a similar design to great reviews but its such a rough shaver that no matter the blades or angle I always end up cutting myself... badly! I doubt its down to the lightness of bakelite as my RR Baby Smooth Aluminium is super light but shaves a treat...? :unsure:

Rockwell Model T. Took two shaves to realise I was never going to love it as much as I wanted (I was an early backer, so had been waiting patiently 3 years for it to be delivered).
Also had some inexcusable QC issues that should never be seen on a $150 razor that had been in development/production for so long.

The shaving cream however, is a delight to use. Nice classic barbershop scent and lathers up superbly.
I was an early backer too, but I ran out of patience and cancelled the order.

As far as vintage razors go, my Barbasol Floating Head is a pretty rough shaver. I need to pull it out and give it another chance to see if it can redeem itself.

As far as vintage razors go, my Barbasol Floating Head is a pretty rough shaver. I need to pull it out and give it another chance to see if it can redeem itself.

Yeah there is a fine line you walk with them!

Vikings Blade adjustable butterfly emperor special edition.
A grand title for a really crap razor. Nothing fits together, doors don't close evenly, the adjusting ring does not line up with the numbers, the list goes on.
(n)

I think i have everyone beat so far for a razor blade.

Tiger Carbon Steel blades from Czech Republic.

Worst of the worst. Worse than chinese knock offs. Worse than vintage blades.

They have no business being near a human face.

I had to try one in my ASD2 just to see if the rumours were true, sure enough they were. This is a blade where I can say 100% confidently that Your Miles Won't Vary.

Worst razor, Fatip Gentile V1 blade alignment issues

Last edited:
Tiger Carbon Steel blades from Czech Republic.

Worst of the worst. Worse than chinese knock offs. Worse than vintage blades.

They have no business being near a human face.

I read somewhere that those carbon steel Tigers were only designed for industrial use (not for shaving).
Maybe a Baker would use them, or someone slicing paper, tape, etc. But def not for shaving.
The new Tiger Platinum though are for shaving. I've tried them, and sent some off in my blade PIF recently too.
They are cheap, and probably shave as well as any other blade in that price range (about $16 per 100 blades).
I won't get any more. Good blades are not that much dearer.
I haven't tried them in the WR2 yet though.
Will try in the weekend just to see if the WR2 makes the new Tigers shave better.