yes jug I think I've seen the light !

YOGI

Keeper of the Pasted Man Sticks
well I'm after a good pair of suspenders as I'm so bloody Pissed off with pulling up my jeans all the time despite having a thick belt
any guys on the forum ware any? and what would you suggest elastic or leather

cheers guys

after..what, ten years? I'm not gonna have to remind you to put your arse crack away??

Stunned.

Go elastic, rainbow colours.

rainbow-mork-150x150.jpg

Nanu nanu.

I don't wear any but you've got to go elastic. In leather you'd look like something out of the Sound of Music. Lederhosen. Yodelling. Cow bells. Playing a Flugelhorn. You get the drift.

jugsy mate I love the pic dont know about rainbow colours hmm may get a few raised eyebrows walking down main street .Katherine

so another question I like to put forward to you gentleman is wearing suspenders considered a Faux pas in today modern society?

Last edited:
The fact that you can walk down main st Katherine is itself eyebrow raising.

I think you should ignore all social niceties and just wear bright suspenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
jugsy mate I love the pic dont know about rainbow colours hmm may get a few raised eyebrows walking down main street .Katherine

so another question I like to put forward to you gentleman is wearing suspenders considered a Faux pas in today modern society?

It's got style.

Well, you've just seen the light and if some of your body parts, not strictly so intended, also see the light on a regular basis you now have the solution. Personally, on the handful of occassions I've donned a classic pengun suit, I thought they looked pretty classy. A word of warning, the nipple snap can be very painful.

Last edited:
Yogi what's with the "gentlemen" I notice peppering your posts?
You know i'm no gentleman, right?

Yogi what's with the "gentlemen" I notice peppering your posts?
You know i'm no gentleman, right?

this exclude you I'm consider you as jovial larakin ! with a hint of prick ;)

This may be a little OT (I always get confused by that....what stands for On Thread)...anyway, to digress. There was a time when old men wore sock suspenders. I've seen them in real life. And I can understand why someone might want to wear them. I find myself that bamboo socks are nice and soft on the skin; whereas most cotton socks have a cuff that makes me wonder just how many hours it will take before my feet turn blue and fall off.
Is it just me?

Some people do find the elastic on socks to be a little constrictive.

I had a boss who, whenever he would fly in for a visit, would insist I brought scissors to his hotel so he could snip the elastic of his socks as they were too tight.

I thought that a bit odd...

Diabetic people are known to have a need to be careful about their clothing being tight, particularly extremities, so no, it's not just you.

This is THE weirdest thread :laugh:

is wearing suspenders considered a Faux pas in today modern society?

Guess that depends on where on your body you are wearing them , and in which country you are.

Having spent my formative years in the UK, a man asking about wearing suspenders would be given a very strange look.

Maybe thats why the Poms call them braces, and leave the suspenders to the ladyfolk

Last edited: