Zenith Manchurian badger feedback anyone?

Chad

... had his first - 15/8/20
Looking locally at something and Vshod has a good range of Zenith brushes. I like long handles and they come in cool barber shop styles.

These 26mm badger knots look ok. Just not sure if they are good bang for buck being $160.

Alternative a Billygoat turned resin handle and the Silvertip badger knot option. That at the $140 range. That knot questionable..might even consider the two band/silvertip synth option even.

Anyone got any feedback about either of these two options? I guess Yaqi badger the budget option.

For that sort of money I would be recommending a handle turned by one one of the local artisans and I would be getting a knot from @Srdjan. Maybe a little more than the Zenith but better value for money IMO and miles ahead in terms of performance.
+1 on both suggestions.

I've found a lot use FB to sell brushes which I don't use. Does Forgotten art use a site as well etc? At least I can order Billygoat easily off Etsy.

Another vote for Irish at Forgotten Art. I own 4 of his brushes/handles with a mix of synths and badgers. I couldn’t recommend him more highly and I’ll be adding more soon. He’s great to work with and such a cool guy. So glad I found him.
I also have two other artisans that I’ve purchased from and can attest to their quality of work. George at Billygoat Brushworks and Tony from TF Custom Shaving Brushes. Oh and as for top quality knots... you can’t go past Srdjan and Rhodium knots. After getting my first Rhodium, I have another 2 handles bound for Srdjan. They’re that good 👍🏻

We really do have some fantastic craftsmen in Australia who are willing to work with their customers and bring their ideas to fruition. 👍🏻

Last edited: