$30 2 piece razor from the Shaver Shop

I would say its close to a "Parker" razor, reason being I noticed it said "Brass Handle", and I know Parker use Nickel plated brass.
Judging by the Product code it seems to be a "WHAL" brand, so certainly not a Merkur.
Can't seem to find the razor on their website either.....

A user name Quasimodo in Melbourne from Badger & Blade forum was talking about the same thing and he said below the quote

Original post:- http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/497838-Shaver-Shop-New-Safety-Razor-Brass-Handle

Quasimodo said:
Shaver Shop New Safety Razor Brass Handle:-
Yesterday I took delivery of a new safety razor from Shaver Shop here in Australia. More RAD! For $29.95 I have to say I'm impressed. Shaver Shop says the razor has a brass handle but the cap looks like it's made of the same metal which would make it all brass.

The razor is made in China and is a two piece like the Merkur 34C but it seems to me that it has a head design more like the Muhle R41 in that the safety bar drops away almost vertically. The razor weighs about 80 grams and is 90mm in length. As a not very proficient wet shaver I'm a little reluctant to go at my face with a really aggressive razor if that's what this one is so I'd welcome any feedback as to what it is that I have bought myself here.

Shaver Shop refers to the razor as a Wahl but I can find no verification of that anywhere else. Here are some amateur photos I took of it:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Quasimodo also said:
I had my first shave with the razor yesterday and it was a mixed bag. As I thought the razor is more on the aggressive side and I could feel the blade on my face the way you do with an open comb. That I suppose is because of the way the safety bar is fairly steeply angled down so exposing more of the blade. On the upside I didn't cut myself and I only ended up with a little minor post shave skin irritation which I always do anyway. The other thing I noted was that I found it hard to find and maintain the correct angle while shaving and the head of the razor is also curved a little more than most and it felt a little bulbous against my face at times.

But otherwise it seems to be well made and is a solid and chunky razor. I think they were trying to make a clone of the Merkur 34C but they got the angle of the safety bar closer to 90 degrees than 45 degrees if you follow me. I would love to read a review of it by an expert shaver which I am not. It might be a very good razor or maybe it isn't, hard for me to say really.

Anyway open comb style razors are not my cup of tea (yet anyway) so this Shaver Shop razor will be put into retirement for a while as I keep practising with milder razors.

Last edited: