5 favourite Soaps/Creams??

Disclaimer: This is only my favourite as of today. It will change tomorrow and the day after.

Non Artisan - There can be debates whether a couple of those are artisans or not but imo they've moved more towards commercial over time. In this specific order:
1. Sapnoficio Varesino (the entire range)
2. LPL Lavender & Vetiver LE
3. MDC Original
4. St James of London
4.5 Antiga Barbearia De Bairro
5. MDC Fougere
5.5 The Fat

I'm having trouble working out my top 5 artisans so I'll leave that out for the time being.

MWF's figuring as a constant on many lists...betrays how good it is even in the face of the whole YMMV thing.

Interesting - must go back and give it another try. Only briefly dabbled with it once or twice.

Interesting - must go back and give it another try. Only briefly dabbled with it once or twice.
I reckon you'll not get the best out of it once or twice. You need some time to tune it in, and when you do...OH GLORY!!!! It's a soap that rewards patience.
Actually wouldn't mind seeing a @alfredus "Perfect Lather" with the Fat.

This is a list that will change no doubt. In no particular order
1. Shaver Heaven
2. B&M Latha
3. Saponificio Varesino
4. Le Pere Lucien
5. Caties Bubbles
Soaps that I could interchange with any of the above include PAA, MWF, MdC, Proraso, Mikes and Stirling. There are also many more I have not tried and wish to, so I dare say this is a list in constant flux.

MWF on my bathroom sink for tomorrow mornings shave. Quite keen to try it using the technique that @alfredus posted in "The Perfect Lather" thread. Since now I have been using the @mantic59 way with mixed results.

EDIT - @stillshunter beat me to it by 30 seconds :D
I would love to try The Fat,but with so many great tallow soaps around I could not be bothered with such a difficult beast

Personally I never had any issues lathering the Fat - on the contrary...

What didn't work for me is the scent...but that's definitely a YMMV. In a very similar category I prefer Haslinger Schafmilch - but again it's a YMMV.

1. Mike's
2. Stirling
3 B&M and CRSW (equall for me)
4 Haslinger Schafmilch (but use it mostly in winter)

I have deliberately kept one spot open, as I am awaiting a shipment of Mystic Waters and I really hope it will make it on that list.

As honourable mention: Shaver Heaven - definitely the best non Tallow soap I have tried so far (and yes that includes MdC and LPL)

Tough but as of today in no particular order:

Soap Commander
Stirling
Mikes
Reef Point
Catie's Bubbles

Honourable mentions for Mickey Lee soapworks, tiki, OSP, Tabac, P160 and old spice soap.

I've not tried a shaver heaven soap yet.

I would love to try The Fat,but with so many great tallow soaps around I could not be bothered with such a difficult beast

Go for it! It's one of my favourites. Easy fresh soapy scent, you could almost say it has no scent and a fantastic lather. I made sticks out of my first puck which is easier all round with regards to lathering so I never really understood the problems people had using it. Now I'm loading straight from the puck and I still can't see what the problem is. Granted it is denser then most other soaps I've used but all that means is that with a standard damp/wettish brush you pick up less soap. Still more than enough for three passes. I guess if you're bowl lathering you might want to add a wee bit more water during loading so you've got some more to work with in the bowl which you can then flush down the sink when you're finished (never understand people using bowls but that's another issue).