A DE or an SE? Pre-kickstarter Leaf razor ...

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Cutting a DE blade in half? Nope.

But then you didn't really expect a yes from me in the first place did you?

I can see that they are trying to give the cart experience to those type of shavers, but adding extra levels of complications to the shave aren't really going to entice to many of them in.

Haha! It uses not 1, or 2, but 3 -yes! THREE snapped-in-half DE blades!!! What a joke!?

It's a love child from a multi-blade cartridge and a safety razor. The worse of both and then beaten with an ugly stick just for good measure...
(Errr- was I meant to say something good about it?)

I thought it might have some potential until he started folding all the doors down. You can buy half DE blades already correctly cut but I've only seen Derby blades so another plus :)

I won't be buying one any time soon, but I can give credit where credit is due. It's a cheap reloadable cart... if you are into carts, it's one step toward a better shave whilst "saving money".

I must say, it look good and it's actually the first time I see a Kickstarter razor that does not look like a scam. A re-fillable cartridge make perfect sense to me, however there's but a few manufacturer that offer half blades (Derby, Lord, Shark, Asco, Sharp, Perma-Sharp, that's about it).

L7_01c.png

They look almost exactly like the razors that chiropodists use (with small Merkur blades) to trim dead skin from womens' heels and corns.

Maybe that was their inspiration?

Now -- to get that visual out of my head before I shave with a straight this evening :)

Now -- to get that visual out of my head before I shave with a straight this evening :)

Just for you mate -

5516651_f260.jpg

Because a picture is worth a thousand words ...

I have to confess that I've entered their competition to win one of these - would be great in a travelling box!

Corn Razor. More than a few guys bought them, and shaved with them before they realised what they were used for by their previous owner!

Corn Razor. More than a few guys bought them, and shaved with them before they realised what they were used for by their previous owner!

Luckily I have enough historical [hysterical] knowledge to know a toe from a whisker.